Why become a member? ×

New MESA Subway D-350

bassace97

Looks interesting. Looks like a smaller D800 which was already pretty small. 

350 watts should be plenty for gigging. 

I’m interested in it as a back up amp to one of my larger heads.

it should be less expensive than the D800 but it is still a made in USA amp so I’m guessing it will still cost about £700- £800 minimum and by then it is only a incremental amount to the D800.

Although with European production issues we will probably have a long wait anyway to see one in stock anywhere.

Edited by thodrik

I've got a D800, which is more than enough for any gig, especially since it goes down to 2 ohms.  The only difference I can see is the D350 only goes down to 4, which is fine for most things to be honest.

Edited by bassace97

3 hours ago, bassace97 said:

I've got a D800, which is more than enough for any gig, especially since it goes down to 2 ohms.  The only difference I can see is the D350 only goes down to 4, which is fine for most things to be honest.

Also 4 ohm minimum working....no 2 ohm. It has a bright switch rather than a deep switch, but has usb power outlet

Edited by MOSCOWBASS

The difference in maximum volume between the D-800 and D-350 is just about 3dB

It's not a practice amp, it's a totally giggable amp with the features of the D-800, but with the bright switch replacing the deep switch, less power, convection cooling (no fan), smaller, lighter and with a USB power port.

The D-350 doesn't support 2 ohms. An amp this low powered wouldn't be the ideal choice for driving the typical cabinet combinations that would make up a 2 ohm load, these players would be better served by the D-800 anyway.

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 7

Just now, Musicman20 said:

I still would like to try a new Mesa. 

As would a lot of us!

On the guitar front I would really like to try a Badlander but the supply chain issues are horrible. Just an annoying part of the times we are currently in which will hopefully be sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Like 1