Why become a member? ×

2400€ plus shipping! 1979 Fender Precision Bass rare Morocco Red (International Series) - *SOLD*
£2250
Italy

foya

SOLD !!! thanks

For Sale this Rare Fender Precision bass, limited edition International Series "Morocco Red".

These instruments were produced between 1979 and 1981 in a limited run of particular and quite rare colors.

This one has the S9 serial, I tried to check the pots, but I can't go back to the exact date, in any case the bass for my experience is 100%  original and conforms to the time of construction.

The bass is really very nice to play, it resonates a lot and it is a very badass rocking machine!!

another thing worth noting is the weight .. 3.8 kg on my bathroom scale!!! which for an instrument of those years is something more unique than rare, which is why I would want to keep it !!!

I took photos both outside and inside, the color that is very particular depending on the light can range from an orange similar to a fiesta red, to a more bright red similar to a dakota red.

the neck is stable and straight.. truss rod turns easily.

feel free to ask for anything else!!!

i could consider trades and partial trades with other 4 string basses..  

72EB3AC1-C0B3-46B2-89F8-95760F989B8D.jpeg

Edited by foya
SOLD !
  • Like 12

• foya changed the title to 1979 Fender Precision Bass rare Morocco Red (International Series)
39 minutes ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

Nice one! You don't see these being offered  very often.

The sticker in the neck pocket seems te be helpfull with a more specific dating:

IMG_20220615_102444.jpg.e6ce79fda2613d3a427b82d3d56f9c74.jpg

Glwts!

there is the repeat of the serial number... but it is not readable.

a friend of mine has got a monaco yellow jazz bass, and it is dated '79 too..  and it is an awesome bass too

4 minutes ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

To me it looks like a date; 09-14-81. 

Anyway, doesn't matter much :)

Monaco Yellow is great as well! 

it could be possible!! i read in some Statocaster forums about them was made during 79/80/81 with mostly late '70 parts...  and.. mostly with very heavy parts!

but this bass is light as my '63 precision!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eneade said:

Beautiful bass 

The way the body is routed under the pickguard is more 80 / 81 than late 70's.

right observation...  now i change the description

• foya changed the title to 1979/1981 Fender Precision Bass rare Morocco Red (International Series)
  • foya changed the title to 1979 Fender Precision Bass rare Morocco Red (International Series)
37 minutes ago, eneade said:

Beautiful bass 

The way the body is routed under the pickguard is more 80 / 81 than late 70's.

just checked another '79 from other announcement on Reverb.. and i noticed that are equal!!!

P79 bambibau.jpg

1 minute ago, eneade said:

So that "79" has a body made in the 80's as well.

Many S9 basses were actually finished in the early 80's, as were the International series.

maybe in 79 they produced too many necks !!  😂

• foya changed the title to SOLD !!! 1979 Fender Precision Bass rare Morocco Red (International Series)