Why become a member? ×

D'alessandro bass nuances

nilorius

Hi, I bought this D'alessandro bass fretted, few years later defretted (Italian hand made) at 2003 at some music gear and instrument exhibition. I liked the sound and visual, but now i forget anything they told me about it. Could someone identify the woods, pickups and electronics. This bass has no model or serial nr., because it was built only for that exhibition. I tried to contact with the makers, but got no real answers. Any nuances would be good. Thanks.

IMG_20220614_164759.jpg

IMG_20220614_164809.jpg

IMG_20220614_164817.jpg

IMG_20220614_164827.jpg

IMG_20220614_164843.jpg

IMG_20220614_164848.jpg

Edited by nilorius

• nilorius changed the title to D'alessandro bass nuances
2 hours ago, nilorius said:

I can't bealive it, so no one here has a small opinion on this bass ????

After waiting only 1 hour,  you post the above

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

Redicuealus!

And now after only another hour,  it's rediculous  ?

What's your problem ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, fleabag said:

After waiting only 1 hour,  you post the above

And now after only another hour,  it's rediculous  ?

What's your problem ?

I will play all my life on this bass :))

Edited by nilorius

I suspect @nilorius is trying to get his rank up, but it is definitely coming across as a bit troll-ish as this is not the first thread that he's written to spark responses with multiple self-responses within an hour of posting. 

I would suggest you let people respond of their own free will and not relentlessly bump your posts - we are capable of reading and responding to posts if we chose to do so. :)

I would also hazard a guess that you know full well the specs of this bass! But on the off-chance you are genuine, then I'd say the top and back woods are stabilised buckeye burl, the bridge is a Hipshot Type-B, the tuners are Hipshot Ultralite, the pre-amp is 18v (possible Bartolini, if you open the back cavity it'll be more obvious) and the pick ups are Bartolini. It appears to have a radiused ebony fretboard and perhaps an Ash body with maple mahogany neck. That's my 2 cents. 

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, binky_bass said:

I suspect @nilorius is trying to get his rank up, but it is definitely coming across as a bit troll-ish as this is not the first thread that he's written to spark responses with multiple self-responses within an hour of posting. 

I would suggest you let people respond of their own free will and not relentlessly bump your posts - we are capable of reading and responding to posts if we chose to do so. :)

I would also hazard a guess that you know full well the specs of this bass! But on the off-chance you are genuine, then I'd say the top and back woods are stabilised buckeye burl, the bridge is a Hipshot Type-B, the tuners are Hipshot Ultralite, the pre-amp is 18v (possible Bartolini, if you open the back cavity it'll be more obvious) and the pick ups are Bartolini. It appears to have a radiused ebony fretboard and perhaps an Ash body with maple mahogany neck. That's my 2 cents. 

Sorry, will try to not speed up the tempo in future.

On 14/06/2022 at 15:03, nilorius said:

Hi, I bought this D'alessandro bass fretted, few years later defretted (Italian hand made) at 2003 at some music gear and instrument exhibition. I liked the sound and visual, but now i forget anything they told me about it. Could someone identify the woods, pickups and electronics. This bass has no model or serial nr., because it was built only for that exhibition. I tried to contact with the makers, but got no real answers. Any nuances would be good. Thanks.

Hi Nilorius did you manage to confirm any details about this lovely bass?

On 14/06/2022 at 22:43, binky_bass said:

But on the off-chance you are genuine, then I'd say the top and back woods are stabilised buckeye burl, the bridge is a Hipshot Type-B, the tuners are Hipshot Ultralite, the pre-amp is 18v (possible Bartolini, if you open the back cavity it'll be more obvious) and the pick ups are Bartolini. It appears to have a radiused ebony fretboard and perhaps an Ash body with maple mahogany neck. That's my 2 cents. 

This sounds pretty close to me.  You could always contact the maker and try to jog their memory.  Even without a serial number they will probably remember the bass.

Are you a Gary Willis fan?  Two of his albums, Bent and No Sweat, are among my all time favourites.

Good luck with the mission, Andy.

38 minutes ago, andyaber said:

Hi Nilorius did you manage to confirm any details about this lovely bass?

This sounds pretty close to me.  You could always contact the maker and try to jog their memory.  Even without a serial number they will probably remember the bass.

Are you a Gary Willis fan?  Two of his albums, Bent and No Sweat, are among my all time favourites.

Good luck with the mission, Andy.

Yes i am a Willis fan and the sound, too. That's why i have GWB1005 and th500.

11 hours ago, nilorius said:

Hi Nils, My name is Andy, I was just signing off on my post.

Got to love Gary Willis' playing and sound, some of his stuff starts off so loose but becomes super tight.  He often features some of my favourite drummers too.  Dennis Chambers, Gergo Borlai and Kirk Covington.