Why become a member? ×

YT channel with very accurate and simplified tabs

Matt Edjon

Hello everyone!

I'd like share my YT channel where I play songs on bass with tabs on screen.

I have a format where I try to have the most accurate tabs possible and another where I make a simplified version

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQbYhcxA7rYMa5DaWkF55M_EXG1IRXSxi

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQbYhcxA7rYMUigXZszy_bDS_x4w4tjL5

I hope some of you will be interested!

Matt

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, blisters on my fingers said:

Thanks for posting on here Matt

Love the lack of waffle, wish more instructional videos were exactly like this

Shame about the Youtube copyright issues you have experienced, seems so unnecessary and pointless

Subscibed of course...

Good luck and wish you well 

Thanks so much ! It means a lot

(what's a "lack of waffle ?)

• Like 1

Your caption in the video says “send you request” - this should be “your request”?

I like  the format though and the simplified versions are a good idea 

Edited by Geek99

Quality Matt

Love the no nonsence approach. Clear view of neck and view of finger style/ plectrum. Great you used a variety of basses. I was wondering if a fairly new player stumbled on the site, would it be benifical to add your tone options or effects used to create the sound? For example 'walking on the moon" A newer player might appreciate a link or something? Just a thought.

I really wish you the best of luck. Good for you

On 15/06/2022 at 16:41, toneknob said:

Good stuff! how about a bass clef/notation version for the hat trick?

You know, I often ask myself this question but the truth is that is actually a lot of additionnal work for me because I'm not very good with that notation :/ 

Sure I can become better and better but for now I'm gonna stick to the tabs. Maybe later if more and more people ask for it !

Thank you for your comm

On 15/06/2022 at 20:48, KingPrawn said:

Quality Matt

Love the no nonsence approach. Clear view of neck and view of finger style/ plectrum. Great you used a variety of basses. I was wondering if a fairly new player stumbled on the site, would it be benifical to add your tone options or effects used to create the sound? For example 'walking on the moon" A newer player might appreciate a link or something? Just a thought.

Mmmh pretty neat idea ! The thing is that I work with a Markbass Studio VST Standalone, I can maybe put a screen capture of my settings but I don't know if it can be usefull :/

I'll think of that for sure

Thanks for your comment !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

Looks nicely done. Any plans to add some punk and metal tunes?

Thanks !! Well I got to admit that I don't know much about thoses styles :/ I only know Metallica but I'm sure all of theirs songs have been covered already XD 

I'm a huge fan of Tool and I really want to cover them soon. Maybe some At The Drive In but apart from that I'm a big noob ...

9 hours ago, Matt Edjon said:

Thanks !! Well I got to admit that I don't know much about thoses styles :/ I only know Metallica but I'm sure all of theirs songs have been covered already XD 

I'm a huge fan of Tool and I really want to cover them soon. Maybe some At The Drive In but apart from that I'm a big noob ...

I think Metallica and Tool tabs are already well covered on YouTube. There's not many Faith No More tabs, no idea why. Billy Gould is one of the great metal bassists.

Rancid tabs are generally wrong, Matt Freeman is far from your average punk Bassist. Maxwell Murders and Journey To The End of East Bay are the obvious choices but also Sound System by Operation Ivy (same bassist) is a great bass line.

A lot of punk tabs get simplified to just root notes and they miss out all the fills that make them interesting.