Why become a member? ×

Spector Legend NT pre-amp and control knob configuration issues

KevP

Would be interested to hear any comments on this.

Just bought a Spector Legend Neck-through here on Basschat with Aguilar DCB pickups and Aguilar OBP-2 Preamp. Lovely condition.

Only thing is there are a couple of issues. 

1. I've looked at a lot of videos of Spectors with the 2-volume knobs plus Bass boost/cut and Treble boost/cut control knobs. The weird thing is that, on the videos, the bass boost/cut knob is the one further back, closest to the bridge (the left most knob of the diamond of knobs) as you look at the guitar face on. But on the one I have the bass boost/cut knob is the one further to the right (at the bottom of the diamond), and it's the treble knob that's closer to the bridge. Has anyone experienced this?

2. Plugging it into my Trace Elliot Elf 10" combo, I get massive interference coming through the amp, unless I turn all the eq controls on the amp to zero and have the gain almost at zero as well. But then there is hardly any volume. Any thoughts?

Edited by KevP
amended title

• KevP changed the title to Spector Legend NT pre-amp and control nob configuration issues
  • KevP changed the title to Spector Legend NT pre-amp and control knob configuration issues
23 hours ago, Doctor J said:

1. Easy to change around. I move the bass that side whenever possible. Personal preference.

2. Have you tried a new battery?

I sold kev the bass, i told him about the battery which he has done which as fixed the volume problem, but he still says he is getting some line noise, told him to switch amp to active aa the Aquilar pre amp us powerful, but his amp inly as a passive input. I gad no issues with any nouse on the bass running into Helix stomp into Le bass pre amp into powered cab, i’m sure its a line input issue. Bought the bass from Andertons which is not too far for him so suggested he take it there and explain the problem and try it on a different amp. 
but it would be helpful if anyone on here can suggest what the noise issue is.