Why become a member? ×

Just had a reply to my Join My Band posting.

solo4652

I put a post on JMB in December 2018. Had a reply today!! Playing cajon and bass with an Americana/soul covers band. J J Cale, Black Crowes etc. Right up my street. But.....I'm due to move out of the area in 3 months time and wouldn't want to commit to a band and then announce I'm leaving.  Bugger. 

Edited by solo4652

16 hours ago, solo4652 said:

I put a post on JMB in December 2018. Had a reply today!! Playing cajon and bass with an Americana/soul covers band. J J Cale, Black Crowes etc. Right up my street. But.....I'm due to move out of the area in 3 months time and wouldn't want to commit to a band and then announce I'm leaving.  Bugger. 

Well, congratulations on getting a favourable reply, eventually!

Have you considered taking it up for the three months? If you’re up-front about moving away it may be a temporary win-win for both sides. Obviously, you’ll probably need to bow-out if a permanent bassist comes along, but for three months they get a chance to work on arrangements etc. with a bass and cajon  - plus, you get the experience. It’ll be good for your ‘cv’ when you’re in the new area, too.

Edited by Len_derby
Forgot the cajon