Why become a member? Ɨ

ON HOLD: SWR Triad Mk 1, 3-way, 4 ohm, 400 Watt Bass Cab - *SOLD*
Ā£130
Potton, Central East Bedfordshire

NOW SOLDĀ 

Ā 

Hi Folks

Ā 

What's that brilliant quote from the film Airplane by Lloyd Bridges -Ā "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking"...?Ā šŸ˜

Ā 

Well, amidst the worsening economic crisis for decades, I have similarly - and stupidly - decided to pick this week to start having a bit of a gear clear out, because I need the space and have too much gear!

Ā 

So, here for sale is my SWR Triad Mk1 400 watt, 4 ohm bass cab that I've owned since buying it from @jhkon Basschat in early 2020.Ā 

Ā 

I'm looking for Ā£130 or near offer for this cab, and am not after any trades, thanks.Ā 

Ā 

Worth pointing out immediately is that this is the Mk 1 version of the Triad, which are reputed to be loaded with Bag End drivers.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks to the pandemic, I've only gigged this cab a few times... And, bearing in mind this is probably around 20/25 years old, it's in pretty good condition - as can be seen in the photos, and it is in full working order.

Ā 

Soundwise, with itā€™s combination of a 15ā€ driver, a 10ā€ driver and 5ā€ horn, the Triad does it all for me without being too clinical or too hi-fi IMO. It really is a great sounding cab!

Ā 

If you look on the internet, the jury's out about full-range bass cabs, but for me, I've found the Triad (and this is the third one I've owned since 2007) to be a very versatile cab, capable of delivering fantastic lows with quite an articulate mid-range and a sweet top end.Ā 

Ā 

I remember Alex Claber A/B-ing his Super 12T prototype against my first Triad cab about 10, 12 years ago, and Alex was pretty complimentary about the sound it makes, though it doesn't have the power handling of the Super 12T admittedly. Nevertheless, that was a very good endorsement from Alex I thought..

Ā 

I have used this cab with a varity of excellent quality amps since owning it; Ampeg V4BH, Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600, Ashdown CTM100, Mesa Titan V12, Eden Traveller 400 etc, etc, and in each case, it brings the very best out of the amps (and the various basses I've used it with)..

Ā 

Here's a review posted on Musician's Friend some years ago:

"I've been gigging with the SWR Ā Triad cabinet for exactly 10 years this month. It's been through all sorts of music to include acoustic world type music to heavy progressive. This is the clearest sounding cabinet I have ever heard. You will hear every nuance across the frequency spectrum."

Ā 

Spec from SWR:
4-ohm, 400W, 3-way speaker enclosure featuring a 15" woofer, 10" mid driver, and tweeter. The SWR Triad gets full range clarity like no other audio speaker system. 23"W x 27"H x 18.5"D. 80 lbs.

Ā 

* Bottom slot port
* Spring-loaded rubber grip handles
* Black Ozite carpeting with stack lock corners
* Steel vibration-free grill
* High-quality metal input panel with heavy-duty attenuator
* 1/4" jacks in/out

Ā 

To state the very obvious, the Triad is not light; it weighs in at approx. 80lbs, so it's not the lightest cab that's ever been built... but because it has really strong handles on the side of it, I found that with a bit of practice and either a decent trolley or castors, it's been manageable for me.

Ā 

Just to clarify that I'm not looking for any trades on this thanks and that its only the cab that's for sale in this ad!Ā 

Ā 

Viewings, with lashings of Basschat tea/coffee /biscuits, are more than welcome in Potton, Bedfordshire, if you'd like to hear it first..Ā 

Ā 

And although it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm also happy to ship it at your expense..

Ā 

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM

Ā 

Thanks for looking! šŸ˜Š

Ā 

Nik
Ā 

topic_451186.thumb.jpg.1663943b45cde7bf0c943a18cafc5ccd.jpg

IMG_20220530_155841.jpg

IMG_20220530_155509.jpg

IMG_20220530_155543.jpg

IMG_20220530_155618.jpg

IMG_20220530_155604.jpg

IMG_20220530_155554.jpg

IMG_20220530_155441.jpg

IMG_20220530_155336.jpg

IMG_20220530_155414.jpg

5dea20aa1c3d8068780fd50c92f51489.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now SOLD
  • Like 1

In the smaller, first pic, its a Mesa Titan V12..Ā 

Ā 

In the second, its a Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600...

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Had to comment on the amp in the pic. Never seen one of those before. Very nice features on it.

GLWTS great cabs.

Dave

Ā 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

It was the H&K amp. Looks like an interesting amp tho.

Dave

Ah, cool... šŸ˜Š

Ā 

It's one of my favourite ever amps!Ā 

Ā 

Though sadly, that's about to be put up for sale soon too....Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Ah, cool... šŸ˜Š

Ā 

It's one of my favourite ever amps!Ā 

Ā 

Though sadly, that's about to be put up for sale soon too....Ā 

Had i not put my mind onto a Handbox i might have checked that out.Ā 

You must have a fair bit of gearĀ šŸ˜‚

DaveĀ 

Shhh - dont say that too loud! šŸ¤«

Ā 

Oh no, as you were - its Basschat! šŸ¤­šŸ˜

Ā 

Yes is the answer, hence why miving in some gear....Ā 

Ā 

Which Handbox have you got? I have the R400 - amazing little amp!Ā 

I've not actually got it yet as HB are doing upgrades to the pre-amps but he's not far away.

I'm going for the WB-100 all valve head assuming the mods haven't affected the tone of the amp too much. They're going for a standard B, M, T EQ set up rather than the B, T and Contour set up.

Dave

• Like 1

• silverfoxnik changed the title to SOLD: SWR Triad Mk 1, 3-way, 4 ohm, 400 Watt Bass Cab