Why become a member? ×

Eurorack Modules Doepfer Wasp Raging Bull Moog Taurus
£150
Lancaster

A few bits of eurorack for all you modular dabblers. 

Doepfer Wasp Filter A-124SE as new and boxed bought around a month ago but doesn’t really fit in with my modular system. £58 posted.

Blurb -

Module A-124 (WASP FILTER) is a special voltage- controlled multimode filter with a cut-off slope of -12dB / octave.

The special feature of the A-124 is the peculiar elec- tronic circuitry of the Wasp synthesizer manufactured at the end of the seventies by the UK company EDP (Electronic Dream Plant). This synthesizer is well known for its eye-catching black/yellow wasp design and its distinctive filter. Its circuitry "abuses" digital inverters as analog operational amplifiers leading to distortions and other "dirty" effects that generate the specific sound of this filter.

Our version is equipped with a band pass output and a combined low/notch/high pass output. For this latter output a control knob defines the relative amounts of low and high pass signals. If both si- gnals appear at the same level (i.e. middle position of the Mix knob) one obtains a notch filter. Otherwise the low or high pass signal predominates.

Resonance can be adjusted manually. The filter can't go into self oscillation, in contrast to most of the other VCFs in the A-100 system.

The cut-off frequency can be adjusted manually, or by voltage control. Two CV inputs are available.

Frequency Central Raging Bull Module. 

This has a lovely rich filter and sounds wonderful. Excellent condition, quality U.K. produced unit in standard eurorack format. Only selling as I have the Frequency Central Device X system which has one of these included. 

Price includes U.K. postage. £70.

Blurb - 

The Frequency Central Raging Bull is based on the legendary Moog Taurus Mk I VCF and VCA. It has a lovely, thick Moog-like quality, which is further enhanced by the drive you can get out of its VCA at higher settings.

A big part of the sound of the Taurus was the way in which the VCF interfaced with the VCA, so on Raging Bull the VCA is always in the audio path. A toggle switch allows you to select ‘always open’ or CV control of the VCA from CV input 1.

I can sell the whole lot together if interested. No trades sorry. 

75D8F9B1-DE05-4C20-A6EE-5766C8685196.jpeg

44C5D0E9-BB34-4810-A5F2-F7430DE23094.jpeg

F3D38BBA-25DB-4082-AEE8-C2C60B02AE43.jpeg

070BDE40-4DDE-4FE5-BD95-4EC18B955016.jpeg

8EDFE480-4A79-4EC9-B826-978F26468FEA.jpeg

96CFCABF-2C36-4EA9-AC99-98A717CCDA43.jpeg

DFFEA6CB-9388-41C9-BFF3-56EA3D012AA6.jpeg

Edited by ash