Why become a member? ×

Dean Electric Upright Bass - *SOLD*
£350
EGHAM

This is a really great EUB with simple controls and a pre amp powered by two 9 volt batteries. The case is included but unfortunately the zip has broken so has to be secured with a belt. The bass in good condition with no dings, but the case is a bit tatty although still useful. The EUB & the  tripod support are very solid so the whole set up is heavy to transport which is the only reason I'm selling. I'm close to Junction 13 of the M25 in Egham, Surrey.P1050166.thumb.JPG.95fd6cb1b755db4522505f4bed087035.JPG

P1050167.JPG

P1050168.JPG

P1050169.JPG

P1050165.JPG

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

I used to have just like this one. You didn't buy it from a chap in Sutton did you?

I remember my Dean Pace with much fondness—it had a lovely thick chunky fretless tone with TI flats. I sold it when I ordered an NS-Design CR5M which is a beautiful instrument with more tonal variation available, but I've never been able to match the thick chunky sound I used to get out of the pace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2022 at 23:22, leschirons said:

Might be an idea to mention the scale length. I have a 5 string Pace. Love it.

My old one, I think? :) 

6 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Wondering what this would be like with some tape wounds? 

I fitted a set of Roto black nylons had some issues getting the piezo bridge saddles to connect with the string at first.  I did resolve it in the end but can't for the life of me remember what I did.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I fitted a set of Roto black nylons had some issues getting the piezo bridge saddles to connect with the string at first.  I did resolve it in the end but can't for the life of me remember what I did.

I just remembered - I wrapped copper tape around the strings where they made contact with the bridge.  No idea why I did it - probably found a YouTube or something - but it worked.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

Ha ha, I  can. You put a small wrap of copper tape around each string where it passed over the bridge and yes Paul, your old one. I changed the strings, played for 20 mins, and put the black Rotos back. Nothing to equal the sound of those. I'm still in love with it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, leschirons said:

Ha ha, I  can. You put a small wrap of copper tape around each string where it passed over the bridge and yes Paul, your old one. I changed the strings, played for 20 mins, and put the black Rotos back. Nothing to equal the sound of those. I'm still in love with it.

Yes.  Lovely tone on that fella.  I also loved the ease of setting up on the (sturdy!) stand - that ball joint is genius.  At the time I preferred the slightly more DB-ish experience of the longer scale and curved fretboard of my Stagg so the Dean went - but it was certainly easier to live with and carry around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit tied up lately so apologies for 'radio silence'. The length from the nut to the end of the finger board is 700 mm and from nut to the bridge is 940 mm. I loved playing the Dean EUB and it had no tonal issues for me and worked great with my Rumble 25 W combo. I really would like to sell this bass on as I had a lot of fun playing it but I have issues transporting it - it's heavy!  I'd accept a reasonable offer on it - someone will get a bargain!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi mate

I just wanted to express my interest in the Dean.I’m supposed to be checking one out next week but having problems getting confirmation from the seller.. If he’s not got back to me by the end of the weekend I’ll definitely take it.

Feel free to contact me if you still have it or not 

https://www.paul-francis-bassplayer.com/contact

Thanks Paul 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Rich changed the title to Dean Electric Upright Bass SOLD