Why become a member? ×

Speaker Isolation - Help !

taunton-hobbit

I'm moving later in the year to a modern ground floor flat (with neighbours) & with me

come two mk1 Dubsters 

I have a couple of sand boxes to stand them on but I'm thinking that some additional damping would be a good idea, dimensions (in old money) are just shy of 16" x 21"

Suggestions appreciated !

😎

Another vote for the Auralex Gramma riser, I used one for my Big Twin in a top floor flat and the neighbours downstairs appreciated it immensely. It's also really useful for removing hollow stage boom at gigs and rehearsals.

If you're handy, they're not difficult to build, but the Auralex quality is very good.

Don't waste your money on Auralex and similar. They work, but they are massively expensive for what they are. Get a few of those heavy duty rubber tiles/mats that are used in playgrounds to prevent the kids from injuring themselves when they fall from the swings or the ones used in gyms, which will withstand weightlifters dropping weights on them. Google 'Rubber flooring for playgrounds/gyms' and you'll find plenty.

• Like 1