Why become a member? ×

NPD EWS BMC2

ped

Sorry for all the acronyms!

EWS Japan make some great pedals. Their tiny enclosures even contain a 9v battery which is internally doubled to 18v which only draws a small mA so they last ages. 

I’ve had the Stormy Bass Drive for a while now and love everything about it. I first heard it on the BassTheWorld YouTube channel and thought it sounded perfect. 

so then I saw their other pedals and came across the BMC2 (Bass mid control). It’s quite a simple pedal, offering 12db boost between 160-2.5khz with an additional 10db input stage gain with the toggle switch. 

The reason I got it was because most of my instruments don’t have a mid control and those that do aren’t adjustable in terms of where they boost or cut. With a jazz bass neck pickup for example the BMC brings out that clank of a P bass really well with a bit of breakup when pushed. 

I haven’t used it live yet but with a wide sweep and easy controls I think it’ll be a great little box and more useful than a full band pre. 

DCDEABA9-E690-47ED-A0AC-ED17DC2A1E7A.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes it's a really useful little thing. It's useful for adding some lower mid hump to rear pickup burp too. I ended up buying one from the USA because I couldn't find one here anywhere. Now I've said that someone will point one out to me at half the price.