Why become a member? ×

Valuation assistance please. Fender USA Urge 2 Stu Hamm bass.

fretmeister

I cannot find any past ebay sales and the most recent one on here seems to be over 10 years ago.

I never play it anymore as it's just too heavy for me these days. I think it's 9 or 9,5lb

It's the slightly sparkly blue colour. The scratchplate has yellowed with age a bit.

I've had it for at least 10 years and it's a fantastic sounding bass and very versatile with the JPJ pickup system.

Any ideas on value? It's gathering dust now and I could do with some funds to start buying the things that the eldest spawn will need for university in September.

ta

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

There's this one on Reverb for £2.5k https://reverb.com/uk/item/55201868-fender-stu-hamm-artist-series-signature-urge-ii-bass-1999-2007-bright-sapphire-metallic but there's also a black one for £1.4k

I never think to have a look on Reverb! I'd be surprised if that went at £2500 unless they really are rare and someone really wants one. That's not the original case either. 

The lower sum seems far more accurate to me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a one of the first series 32" scale basses which I was told by a bass retailer that I could realistically get £1500 for it (with their commission added to that figure).  However, very recently I've contacted 2 people who were actively looking for one of these and when I said £1500 they both thought I was raving mad and no way could I get that much.  :/  

• Like 3

Between £1200 and £1500 is probably realistic. I've seen a few float around the £1200 mark for a while over the years. I used to have the number for Todd Krause when he was building Stu's basses at the Fender Custom Shop. I used to dream of having a Mel replica but the price would have been extremely high.