Why become a member? ×

Bass Snobbery

Supernaut

Just for something topical (and I've mentioned this on the Glasto thread), the bassist from Khruangbin playing an SX Jazz copy...dunno how much they are recently, but I paid less then a ton for an SX (delivered from the States), and it wasn't bad at all...

Salesmen! Who should know better! And are not gonna last when the manager finds out.

I have a local music store - Mom&Pop, when the owner retired he sold it to his apprentice. Been going there since I was 12. Have bought & sold much stuff there.

When the Danelectro reissues first came out, he was the first to get the full line-up - I mean everything available (and he didn't regularily carry new guitars) and he had 2 Longhorns, one red and one blue. I bought the blue, the ones with the plastic tuning pegs, aluminum nut and wooden bridge, wood screws for height adjustment, and a PLAID GIG BAG. For $168US or something like that (they're close to $600? now?).

I went down the street to Guitar Center to see how much less I paid for it and they didn't have any! Really suprising John got an exclusive on them, so I asked the salesman and he said something to the effect of "Oh, we don't carry THOSE kind of instruments" and I was "Really? I just etc.,etc., and it PLAYS BETTER than your basses hanging on the wall, because nobody sets them up properly here". 

I mean, REALLY?

And this is NEW JERSEY, home of Bruce Springsteen, and Gary Talent played one because Bruce played live for FOUR HOURS.

Edited by StickyDBRmf
  • Like 1