Why become a member? ×

Instrument insurance recommendations

spencer.b

I always put mine on the household insurance for home and away cover as well as accidental damage. They were specific named items and I made sure they knew it was going to be used for gigging and out in public and was still covered.

None of the companies we have used over the past 10 years have had an issue and it was a tiny amount added.

2 minutes ago, MyNameIsMark said:

I have an email from Allianz saying their cover includes leaving stuff unattended on/by the stage "under the supervision of CCTV / venue staff". Plus I got unattended vehicles, all be it in a fixed luggage compartment. Both important in my opinion.

New Moon will do that too.

Allianz are a very good company. I've made claims from them for work related things and it's been well handled.

New Moon are agents and the cover is actually provided by Ecclesiastical Insurance - another very big player with a good reputation.

• Like 2

New Moon as well. I like that you can specify home/UK/Worldwide cover per item.

As with all insurance it all boils down to the process and experience when you need to claim - which thankfully I've never had to.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to use New Moon, and was very impressed.

They offered zero excess - they will pay out in full in the event of a claim.  I can also switch instruments between home use and outdoor use, with no administration charge, should I decide that I want to take out my acoustic guitar. 

So, New Moon is my choice.