Why become a member? ×

Firing band members

jezzaboy

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

The songs remain the same. Good strap line. I'll give them that (though I dare say that was 'inherited')

I thought of that one when I was photoshopping the graphics. It's a bit cheesy, but the singer actually really does do one of the better Plant impersonations.

On 13/07/2022 at 16:04, EBS_freak said:

image.thumb.png.32581ee28436009e7ab0dd27f2a28737.png

Jeez that's some overblown tripe. Do you sound like Led Zep? Do you make some attempt to look like them with outfit and stagecraft? We don't need your cheeky and amusing, faux authentic theatrical backstory. Alan's probably the type of guy to Google himself daily so I won't write out his full name because he's already flooded the internet with it, even when doing the bio of his bandmates. 

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Jeez that's some overblown tripe. Do you sound like Led Zep? Do you make some attempt to look like them with outfit and stagecraft? We don't need your cheeky and amusing, faux authentic theatrical backstory. Alan's probably the type of guy to Google himself daily so I won't write out his full name because he's already flooded the internet with it, even when doing the bio of his bandmates. 

Alan has clearly setup Google notifications on his name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

That's actually a different band altogether, but I think the "manager" of this one wrote something similar....

1 hour ago, Max Normal said:

That's actually a different band altogether, but I think the "manager" of this one wrote something similar....

I don't think it matters - once you have written down 'prepare to be unprepared' on any sort of medium that someone else can read you have already labeled yourself :)

• Like 2

On 13/07/2022 at 19:10, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

This one? They’re ‘the best tribute to Led Zeppelin’.

I think that there are about seven 'best tribute to Led Zeppelin’ acts knocking about (I know, I'm in one of them)...! 

Edited by peteb
  • Haha 1

As far a getting fired goes, I was fired as guitarist from the first “proper” band I was in, back in the 90s. The other guitarist / songwriter said what I was playing was boring and derivative. I had a think about it, decided maybe he was right and I should shake things up a bit and went and traded my geetar and amp for a Hohner “The Jack” headless bass and a Peavey TNT.

I bumped into the guy who’d sacked me in town a month or two later, asked how it was going. Turns out they sacked the bass player as well and were struggling to find a new one. I rejoined on bass and it worked a treat, he liked my (pretty simple but hopefully effective) bass lines, we all liked his songs. Had a fun couple of years gigging round Leeds.

I guess the short version is the only time I got fired the guy was doing me a big favour and I never looked back.

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1