Why become a member? ×

Rick Beato & Bernard Purdie…

Old Man Riva

Like many Basschatters I’m a big fan of Rick Beato, and like many Basschatters, I’m sure, a big fan of Bernard Purdie.

This is a wonderful watch. They both appear to get a massive kick out of the whole experience, and Rick is grinning like a big kid when Bernard is grooving away.

It’s a lengthy watch (and some of the things have been covered elsewhere before, like in the Aja documentary) but it’s fascinating to hear more on Bernard Purdie’s history and also (if you’re that way inclined) discussion around some of the more technical areas - technique and recording  etc.

Enjoy! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

you can longer longer skip forward on YT

Hover the cursor at the bottom of the screen over the bar (red, with yellow marks denoting different sections) showing how much of the vid' has passed and click further along. It's bit hit and miss in that you cannot preview/find specific parts of the vid' but you can skip forward.

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

I like RB and as a drummist myself I'm a big fan of Purdie but 1 hour 22's a bit long for me and unfortunately you can longer longer skip forward on YT. You  can though on here so 👍 for this

On your phone or tablet double tap the screen left or right depending on on whether you want to go backwards or forwards.

Regarding the interview, it was really nice to see Bernard’s humility in his old age, his reputation for an ego the size of a small planet was legendary but he seems to have really dialled it back and the anecdote about taking drums on the bus was great, his face was a picture.

• Like 1