Why become a member? ×

Bravewood Sonic blue Jazz Fretless > Final Drop Now £1300 collected was - *SOLD*
£1500
West Berks

deepbass5

Bravewood Jazz not Fender

Up for sale is a Bravewood Jazz bass built to order in 2012 to replicate a Fender 1963 Sonic blue jazz bass, had it survived the rigors of gigging until today.

I bought this from Owen in a rush of GAS last year and used it on one gig and one recording, I have added a Fender rear ashtray.

Ebony board in great shape with bone nut and comes wound with Flats.

The bass has a really great hue with a green tinge to the sonic blue finish.

it comes in a hiscox case with original commission bill of sale.  Collection preferred.

Please PM me any questions

IMG_5912.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5936.JPG

IMG_5934.JPG

IMG_5924.JPG

IMG_5920.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

IMG_5449.JPG

Edited by deepbass5
price drop
  • Like 15

Love Jazz basses? Love old Jazz basses? Love reliced finishes? Love mirror smooth fretless boards? Love a bass thay plays beautifully but you can ding on the side of the chair and not sweat it?

This ticks all the boxes.

These are the finest of the finest repro basses (yes Fender Custom Shop, I am looking at you). I used to own this and if it had a B I still would. I have a 66J and this scratches all the same itches. 

Edited by Owen

9 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

What a fantastic looking bass.  Thank goodness it doesn’t have any frets......otherwise I’d be in trouble - again!

yes  - reading the ad title I was literally " Bravewood: ooh, Sonic Blue ooooh, Jazz Bass, ooooh, Fretless, harumph" 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Johncee said:

yes  - reading the ad title I was literally " Bravewood: ooh, Sonic Blue ooooh, Jazz Bass, ooooh, Fretless, harumph" 😃

Get it fretted and retire from J4 GAS. 

27 minutes ago, Owen said:

Get it fretted and retire from J4 GAS. 

That had already gone through my mind....... Sadly, side position dots in the wrong place would then create too much anxiety for me......

7 hours ago, MungoBass said:

Sadly, side position dots in the wrong place would then create too much anxiety for me......

The dots are on the fret line positions of their normal place, as per fretted bass so is quite good, easier than i thought it would be, so when up the neck you know that the fret position not shown is between those that are.

Edited by deepbass5

2 hours ago, MungoBass said:

That had already gone through my mind....... Sadly, side position dots in the wrong place would then create too much anxiety for me......

Filling them would be a nothing job for any decent luthier. 

• deepbass5 changed the title to Bravewood Sonic blue Jazz Fretless > now £1450
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2022 at 16:44, deepbass5 said:

The dots are on the fret line positions of their normal place, as per fretted bass so is quite good, easier than i thought it would be, so when up the neck you know that the fret position not shown is between those that are.

so hypothetically what do peeps charge for fretting a fretless neck nowadays 🤔

• deepbass5 changed the title to Bravewood Sonic blue Jazz Fretless > Now £1350 collected was
  • 1 month later...

Last reduction now to £1300 collected

This would allow for the price of a pro fret job as asked by Lowend Soldier in above post. If no takers from the fret-less community, I may well undertake this option to make it more salable and indeed more usable on a regular basis my myself.

• deepbass5 changed the title to Bravewood Sonic blue Jazz Fretless >NOW SOLD