Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

It seems there's not a thread anywhere where we can post a simple notification of what gigs we have coming up, so other basschatters can come along and say hello/throw rotten fruit/avoid like the plague.

To kick things off, Bluesfire (you can guess what we play - blues rock power trio stuff) are:

Saturday 4 June, 4pm - Queens Platinum Jubilee Fun Day, Llandevaud.

https://allevents.in/newport/queens-platinum-jubilee-fun-day-llandevaud/200022571138803

Sunday 5 June, 8pm (and 12 and 19) - Bootleggers, Chepstow Road, Bristol.

https://www.facebook.com/events/337979661810457

If you are in the area, come along and say hello 🙂

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

• Stub Mandrel changed the title to Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

That will be an excellent gig, The Star & Garter was one of our fave venues to play, excellent crowds who love their music and who watch all the bands, none of the too-cool-for-school watching the headliners only.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Excellent! I bet that's gonna be a great buzz. 

Yes,the Feelgoods usually get a good crowd in, especially on the run up to xmas, so it will be fantastic to ride on the back of that!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Long way off and a few gigs beforehand but my blues rock band Toredown have just been asked to support Dr Feelgood, December 15th, Venue 77 in Ipswich.  That put a smile on my face :) 

You'll have as many original members as they do 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

My blues rock trio Toredown have a couple of gigs coming up :D 

We are playing our full set at Arnies in Dereham 9pm Friday 8th July as part of the Dereham Blues festival.  It is usually a drag bar, apparently, so who knows what is going to happen. :) 

Then Sunday 10th we are supporting the Cinelli Brothers at Venue 16 in Ipswich.  We are on stage at 3pm, playing 45mins I think.  Might be 30.

• Like 1

I’m lucky enough to have several gigs coming up, unfortunately I had one cancelled but these two should be promising! My first gig is at the west street live in Sheffield on July 13th, first time playing there so I hope it’s good. Day after on the 14th of July my band have got a headliner gig at a York venue, which I’m absolutely buzzing for, got a poster and everything lol

6EF7B7B5-32F4-49C0-A557-B952FEC928E4

cheers

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We've got a few on the way:

Cropredy Fringe - 11th August

Wigan Digger's Festival - 10th September

Telford's Warehouse, Chester - 30th September

Barnoldswick Arts Centre - 11th December

Plus, we're supporting Kiefer Sutherland on his UK tour (I may have mentioned this before 🤣)

IMG-20220314-WA0000.jpg

• Like 4

Playing here tomorrow - I've spent the last week with with a bunch of like-minded muso/mentors putting 7 bands together from students of the Spidermusic Swansea School of Rock. The age range is from 6-15, none of them had played in a band before and on Sunday they'll each be performing two covers and an original on a proper stage in the fantastic Gorseinon GEC. The manager, Andy, has been brilliant and opened up the venue specially on Thursday to show the kids around.

DSC05412-2.thumb.jpg.68d3ae6dce169f14e1bf7d6f618b8598.jpg

1429625848_Spiderfest22.thumb.jpg.db14cba4a2f823fa8c1795c8439a25af.jpg

• Like 4