Why become a member? ×

TKS Cabs

DaBu

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with TKS. I'm in the market for a new cab and these were top of my list. When I've done a bit digging looks like there's uncertainty about them. Cheers.

Last I heard they were up and running. Them moving premises coincided with Tommy getting sick, but I think everything was back on track, a while ago at least.

Ordering was a super easy process, so have no worries in that regard, general shipping situation not withstanding :/

I was in the market for TKS before i picked up a couple of beautiful 1126s here from the classifieds.

My enquires to TKS over the last months were not answered. I used email to contact as i don't use any social media.

Maybe they reply to Facebook and the like...

Cheers jaybeevee. Yeah messaged him on Facebook. It's a great indicator as hasn't even read the message.

16 minutes ago, Jaybeevee said:

I was in the market for TKS before i picked up a couple of beautiful 1126s here from the classifieds.

My enquires to TKS over the last months were not answered. I used email to contact as i don't use any social media.

Maybe they reply to Facebook and the like...

• 3 weeks later...

TKS is, as @wateroftyne said, out of action. There are many Swedes that have been waiting for their cabs to be built for years without getting a refund. It is impossible to reach the builder, Tommie, these days as well. 

My suggestion would be to look out for used cabs (see e.g. the Swedish equivalent of Basschat pratabas.se) or place an order on similar cabs such as Barefaced instead. 

We used to be the UK dealer for tks and sold quite a few cabs of varying sizes, colours, configuration etc. 

Unfortunately the demand meant Tommy needed larger premises and help in building and shipping. 

He then fell ill and was unable to meet orders and we had to stop selling them. 

I honk an odd one or two appeared after that but I’ve not heard of him being able to take orders for a long time. 

I always found him to be a lovely guy, and very responsive, but it seems whatever his illness was, it really knocked the wind out of his sails :(

Poor guy, without knowing him, we can only wish him well. I recently picked up a couple of 1126 cabs used, and I’m so glad I did. They are fantastic cabs that I won’t sell in a hurry. Shame they are out of production. Quality gear..

A27490CC-065B-45B5-9298-8BDFDCA62271.jpeg

• Like 2