Why become a member? ×

Crews Maniac Sound Precision MIJ LPB
£950
London

Hydra19

Crews Maniac Sound P bass in dark lake placid blue with 'cloudy' lacquer finish. This one has the 5D Power bomb pickup which is highly respected and vintage sounding. Nut width is around 42mm, very comfortable neck, and a vintage style bridge. Weight is 4kg
In terms of trades, I would like an Aria Pro II sb1000 or sb900, or would consider a white p bass

crews1.thumb.jpg.5a522872750efcfbd859215b0fa68185.jpg

crews11.jpg

crews10.webp

crews10.jpg

crews9.jpg

crews8.jpg

crews7.jpg

crews6.jpg

crews5.jpg

crews4.jpg

crews3.jpg

crews2.jpg

crews1.jpg

Edited by Hydra19
  • Like 16

• 2 weeks later...

The weight is around 4kg, I don't notice any weight difference vs my other P basses.
Crews Maniac Sound is a brand originally associated with MusicLand store in Japan, they ordered some guitars and they sold quickly. From what I've read their guitars are made either by Momose (PNG) or Terade factories that also made the Gibson by Orville copies. Anyway, their Les Paul line of guitars is highly respected on the Les Paul forums, and some models, called 5D go for over £3500, so pretty high end. Also they also make their own pickups and one of the builders is the person who built the Dry Z greco pickups that are very expensive used if you can find any.
This bass has great specs for the price, 2 piece body, Power Bomb pickup, vintage spiral bridge, nitro finish and gotoh pots.
It's currently strung with Rotosound Swing 66's and sound growly and deep.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump, still here, probably will be forever but in case someone is looking for a blue P bass, there's one still here :)
I've also got a new Edwards P bass in Olympic white that I wlll also be selling or trading, but I'll make a new thread title for that.

20221122_171713.jpg

20221122_171722.jpg

20221122_171738.jpg

Edited by Hydra19
  • Like 3

• Hydra19 changed the title to Crews Maniac Sound Precision MIJ LPB
  • 1 month later...