Why become a member? ×

Basses and guitars as furnishings

Many basses and guitars are works of art in their own right, never mind being played, and warrant display space in the home even if they're never played. Of course some are downright fugly although as with people beauty, beholding and all that jazz. I wonder if there's anyone who buys them solely as decorative furnishings even if they can't play. If I were rich but didn't (try to) play them I think I'd still have some on the wall in place of pictures, definitely this for starters...

image.png.f958c51a2b386b7491bab442249411e5.png

IMO guitars and basses are much more interesting to have on the wall than pictures...apart from that poster of the tennis girl scratching her 'arris...

My old lady also thinks my basses and guitars are beautiful and let's me hang my 8-strong collection on the living room wall.  

over to you 👉

• Like 5

Whilst I agree that some guitars are works of art, I think often it’s the woods themselves that are most attractive and sometimes that is on the back side. I definitely would not want the Gretsch I’m afraid, too bling! May be this provided it was the back that was showing.

787194DD-6C29-4512-AA40-FA9490E069F9.jpeg

E442FC03-A3AA-4C2B-BCCA-D75B869C530A.jpeg

Last mounth i put at local announcement site that i want to buy a used 3/4 or 4/4 upright, any brand, made anywhere, for about 350e. I mentioned that the visual status can be heavily road worn, but it should be playable condition. I wanted to buy it just to decorate my room, as i have no expierence with upright at all. No response. I didn't try again, but continued to find if someone wanted to sell some upright - no one. That's it.

I bought a double bass about 4 years ago, as I felt I should learn to play one. It's spent most of it's time in the corner of my living room (which is the only place I have room for it) where it looks great.

When people come into the house the first thing they do is mention the DB, it's become a conversation starter.

Every home should have one.

image.thumb.png.d28156e1c286a501512f4a38d7d1c1c9.png

• Like 7

6 hours ago, gjones said:

I bought a double bass about 4 years ago, as I felt I should learn to play one. It's spent most of it's time in the corner of my living room (which is the only place I have room for it) where it looks great.

When people come into the house the first thing they do is mention the DB, it's become a conversation starter.

That jazz is very pretty too. 

11 hours ago, gjones said:

Expect it takes a lot of dusting?

The majority of my guitars and basses live in the spare bedroom which has become the music room but I have a Taylor acoustic that lives in the living room alongside a five string banjo. I just love having instruments handy for picking up or for simply looking at.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Many basses and guitars are works of art in their own right, never mind being played, and warrant display space in the home even if they're never played. Of course some are downright fugly although as with people beauty, beholding and all that jazz. I wonder if there's anyone who buys them solely as decorative furnishings even if they can't play. If I were rich but didn't (try to) play them I think I'd still have some on the wall in place of pictures, definitely this for starters...

image.png.f958c51a2b386b7491bab442249411e5.png

IMO guitars and basses are much more interesting to have on the wall than pictures...apart from that poster of the tennis girl scratching her 'arris...

My old lady also thinks my basses and guitars are beautiful and let's me hang my 8-strong collection on the living room wall.  

over to you 👉

Love the Gretch White Falcon, it's the Marilyn Monroe of guitars.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...