Why become a member? ×

💥Le Fay Remington Steele 6 Highend Fretless ✨ - *SOLD*
£4250
Germany, Hamburg

foxtrott

The condition of this instrument is as new. The bass is unique and, in my opinion, the best fretless in terms of playability, ease of intonation, comfort and sound.

Finest bass building art in lightweight construction (chambered only 3,87 kg 6 String-Bass). I am the first owner and had this wonderful bass built for me from Le fay about 2 years ago and also played a lot in the clean (non-smoker) studio environment.

Price Information:

New price was 5.995,00 € and today according to price list of Le Fay 6.895,00 € with 1,5 - 2 years waiting time!

My price is 4.995,00 €

Specifications:

strings 6

string spacing 18

scale length inch/cm 34"/86,4 cm

"Frets" 27

Neck Padouk bolt-on

Fingerboard Stainless steel, bound in "Black" with luminescent topdots

Dots/Inlays White fret markers on the side and 2 mm sidedots, white

Body Solid, American Cherry, chambered from the back. Carbon Inside

Color Natural

Logo Le Fay black

Surface Body acrylic satin lacquer closed pored

Neck acrylic satin lacquer open pored

Extras B BOW / F-hole / Black-chamber / Lightweight construction

Pickups BIG BLOCK with 4 !!! pickups, 2 in the rear group at the bridge and two in the front group at the neck

Electronics 2 mini switches (1. both PU groups humbucker / single coil--- 2. active / passive), 5 pots (master volume, PAN of the groups, mid boost/cut, mid frequency parametric, passive treble trim)

Mechanics Le Fay

Weight 3,87 kg!

Questions and more info please feel free to pm function.

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

Edited by foxtrott
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, bootleg said:

Stainless steel fingerboard!? I had to read that 3 times to check. How does that sound and feel? 

Quite close to a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with just a bit more clarity in the notes. And the feel is somewhere between an ebony and an epoxied fingerboard.

I own this one :

330834673_LeFayRemingtonSteele6RHTCCCAPBigBlock(2).thumb.jpg.3765f89e4c5f6cbb767b6264eefae761.jpg

GLWYS, Olaf ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, foxtrott said:

The condition of this instrument is as new. The bass is unique and, in my opinion, the best fretless in terms of playability, ease of intonation, comfort and sound.

Finest bass building art in lightweight construction (chambered only 3,87 kg 6 String-Bass). I am the first owner and had this wonderful bass built for me from Le fay about 2 years ago and also played a lot in the clean (non-smoker) studio environment.

Price Information:

New price was 5.995,00 € and today according to price list of Le Fay 6.895,00 € with 1,5 - 2 years waiting time!

My price is 4.995,00 €

Specifications:

strings 6

string spacing 18

scale length inch/cm 34"/86,4 cm

"Frets" 27

Neck Padouk bolt-on

Fingerboard Stainless steel, bound in "Black" with luminescent topdots

Dots/Inlays White fret markers on the side and 2 mm sidedots, white

Body Solid, American Cherry, chambered from the back. Carbon Inside

Color Natural

Logo Le Fay black

Surface Body acrylic satin lacquer closed pored

Neck acrylic satin lacquer open pored

Extras B BOW / F-hole / Black-chamber / Lightweight construction

Pickups BIG BLOCK with 4 !!! pickups, 2 in the rear group at the bridge and two in the front group at the neck

Electronics 2 mini switches (1. both PU groups humbucker / single coil--- 2. active / passive), 5 pots (master volume, PAN of the groups, mid boost/cut, mid frequency parametric, passive treble trim)

Mechanics Le Fay

Weight 3,87 kg!

Questions and more info please feel free to pm function.

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

If i remember correctly you had a beautiful pedulla hexabuzz ? 

How do they compare ? 

38 minutes ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

If i remember correctly you had a beautiful pedulla hexabuzz ? 

How do they compare ? 

It is true that the Pedulla Hexabuzz is an incredibly great fretless bass. If you're looking for the ultimate 6-string fretless, Le Fay's Remington Steele is a cut above in shaping, comfort and playability. And the sound is even clearer, more nuanced due to the stainless steel fingerboard, hard cherry body and construction. The light weight plays and the ease of intonation plays the Remington Steels over many hours much more pleasant.

Here is a very good description showing the details: https://www.lefay.de/index.php/EN/bass_models/remington-steele

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

Quite close to a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with just a bit more clarity in the notes. And the feel is somewhere between an ebony and an epoxied fingerboard.

I own this one :

330834673_LeFayRemingtonSteele6RHTCCCAPBigBlock(2).thumb.jpg.3765f89e4c5f6cbb767b6264eefae761.jpg

GLWYS, Olaf ! 

You made a good choice, thank you Tony.

• Thanks 1

• foxtrott changed the title to *sold* 💥Le Fay Remington Steele 6 Highend Fretless ✨