Why become a member? ×

What People Want Bassists to Play (and What They Have to Put Up With)

drTStingray

This guy is very talented (which will probably put some people on here off) - but it’s very witty and the observations are hilarious in some cases - Pop Producer is a classic!! 

(PS forum software seems to have stopped detecting video links……correction - now doing it!! 👍)

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 6

I've got  a lot of time for Charles.

I watched a 'how I got here' video of his a while back and he's seriously paid his dues.

I'm glad his Youtube channel seems to be going from strength to strength.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BigRedX said:

If I was a pop producer and wanted a baseline that simple I wouldn't't even bother hiring a bassist. I'd program it myself.

But did you notice he changed to a Fender style bass for that one - with one string 😂 

55 minutes ago, Lowend soldier said:

mentioned pop and not hiring a bassist in one sentence. Your going too burn in hell for eternity brother 😯.....

Pop music can be great. IME the people dis'ing it are those who don't have the talent to write anything close to memorable.

No-one needs to hire any kind of musician if you want something that simple. A programmed bass line will probably sound better in the final mix, and won't moan about being made to play something they consider beneath their ability, when in fact it is perfectly suited to the arrangement of the song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Pop music can be great. IME the people dis'ing it are those who don't have the talent to write anything close to memorable.

Not sure that's the only reason. Or even a significant one.

After all, there are non-musicians who don't like Pop. We musicians may dislike it for the same reasons as them.

My liking of music as as unrelated to my ability to make it as my liking of food is to my ability to cook it.

• Like 1

• drTStingray changed the title to What People Want Bassists to Play (and What They Have to Put Up With)