Why become a member? ×

Two Notes Revolt Preamp new

Thunderpaws

3 minutes ago, Thunderpaws said:

I think that’s ok considering the analogue spec and the digital stuff. The new walrus audio doesn’t do half as much and it about the same. 

Yeah, not too bad at all really. Bit spoilt for choice at the moment - every time I think I've found a nice preamp/DI (was leaning towards the Trickfish Trilobite), then another one comes along (or will in September at least...).

Looks pretty good , but the lack of mid control on the Ampeg side doesn't make sense to me , as that's where a lot of classic SVT tones can be dialled in. I would rather just have the Ampeg and Marshall options with their own eq sections and not bother with the high gain part.

Does look interesting though.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Might have yo get this, I’ve got the LeBass and its my main preamp, amp in a box pedal. The channel 1 clean channel is superb, i bought it for the dirt channel but hardly use that, although it is great, like it clean or on Hot fusion with a bit of grit from channel 2 

this looks like it expands on that. 

• 5 months later...

Looks like this is due to drop in December. I'm really interested in this as was starting to focus in on the LeBass - I'm assuming this is it's replacement and by all accounts the spec looks like an upgrade. There's no reviews out there at the moment that I can see that give an indication of the sound.....very tempted to put down a deposit to give it a whirl.

• 1 month later...
On 04/06/2022 at 15:47, Daz39 said:

4 cable method?! Quoi?!

Generally used by guitarists with multi-effects unit(s) and all-valve amps to allow them to route some of the effects to the input of the amp and others in the amp's effects loop so that delays, reverb and other delay-derived effects come after all the distortion/compression generating ones including that produced by the pre-amp section of the amp. Requires 4 leads hence the name.

Can't see the value on a stand-alone pre-amp as you can simply place it in the correct location of your effects signal chain.

Edited by BigRedX

2 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Anyone got their hands on one of these yet? Can't find any reviews, but I'm sure they were supposed to drop last week!

It's all very quiet on that front. Pre-orders on Andertons were saying 1st December for ages and now its 31th December. I don't think they have been released to press either and typically the usual YT crowd would have reviewed by now. I suspect it'll be later in Q1/Q2 next year before we'll see anything - maybe they are waiting for NAMM?

• 2 weeks later...