Why become a member? ×

Velcro on the bottom of your pedals

MacDaddy

3 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Both strips usualy have sticky tape on the back... some boards are pre striped.

Rough on the Pedal, Fluff on the board is the normal i believe...

Yep this ^

Some stick Velcro on the other way but the board can collect far more dirt between pedals compared to the fluff surface 

Be aware when removing Velcro it’s likely to pull off any pedal labels with it !

Edited by BassAdder27

33 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

I've never velcroed the bottom of any fx pedal.

Do you just glue the velcro on, or is there a 'special' glue so that you can take it off?

Also which bit of the velcro do you stick on, the hard bit or the fuzzy bit?

Ta!

Do yourself a favour and use 3M Dual Lock instead. No need to remember which side is which as it's all the same and locks to itself. Much longer lasting and it adheres to everything I've used it with.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Both strips usualy have sticky tape on the back... some boards are pre striped.

Rough on the Pedal, Fluff on the board is the normal i believe...

Added bonus with the rough on the pedal - pedals off a board will have a certain amount of grip on carpeted stages or floors. The downside is they will skate like Torvill and Dean across shiny floors. 😀

If it's a boss or similar the velcro will not stick to the rubber base for long.

On older Boss pedals with thin rubber they can be turned upside down so the velcro can go on the metal directly. On newer ones the rubber is too thick.

But you can get blank metal replacements for about £7 and keep the originals safe for re-sale.

I've always found heavy duty velcro has more than enough stick, tbh honest getting pedals off the board is almost a pain, I used to carry round a old spatula to slide I between to break the bond it was so hard. 

For that reason I've always done rough on the board as I got sick my pedals sticking so hard to the carpet. 

• Like 1

I've always gone for the rough on the pedals, most of my pedals and boards have been bought secondhand so have had the velcro already attached and this is how all bar one or two have been done.

i'm a big fan of the heavy duty velcro (the Velcro branded one) I bought my last lot at screwfix i think.

Matt

• Like 1

On 24/05/2022 at 13:43, BassAdder27 said:

Yep this ^

Some stick Velcro on the other way but the board can collect far more dirt between pedals compared to the fluff surface 

Be aware when removing Velcro it’s likely to pull off any pedal labels with it !

If you cover the labels with masking tape before applying the velcro you protect the labels.

Also use some alcohol to degrease the pedals before sticking the velcro on.

I have a small pedal case and I found a much better solution is to line the bottom of the case with a bit of black carpet from B&M (£2.99 if I recall). They sell perfect size pieces that just need a trim. Pedals with velcro stick like glue to the surface (really!) and you're free to move things around how you like without needing to worry about velcro once the underside of the pedals are done (with the hooky part).

I used 3m dual lock and literally had tiny strips of squares in each corner and it’s holds amazingly well but I can get pedals off and on fairly easily if needed.

It’s not cheap but so much tidier than Velcro.