Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones double four - suitable for carrying walking/train?

Oomo

I'll be playing (just casually at their home) with a couple of friends that live about an hour from me, 30 minute walk plus 30 minutes train.

Looking for a small super portable combo I can walk with without collapsing or pulling my arms off.

The Phil Jones double four gets great reviews, so wondering if any of you can comment on whether it's light and ergonomic enough to carry on foot for a while?

Otherwise any other suggestions for a small combo that'll fill the slot? Will be playing with guitar and keys, so nothing too loud/powerful needed.

D4 weighs a little under 9 lb. Has a carrying handle on the side. I'd consider that easy to carry, although others might not. Get something like a cajon bag with a strap and you can carry it, together with a few cables and bits and pieces, over your shoulder. I can't think of anything of comparable weight that will sound as decent. Not cheap, though, but I'm sure you are aware of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oomo said:

I'll be playing (just casually at their home) with a couple of friends that live about an hour from me, 30 minute walk plus 30 minutes train.

Looking for a small super portable combo I can walk with without collapsing or pulling my arms off.

The Phil Jones double four gets great reviews, so wondering if any of you can comment on whether it's light and ergonomic enough to carry on foot for a while?

Otherwise any other suggestions for a small combo that'll fill the slot? Will be playing with guitar and keys, so nothing too loud/powerful needed.

The Double Four will fit comfortably  into a 35litre Mountain Warehouse backpack.  I bought a second-hand one from somebody on here and picked it up on my motorbike.

• Like 1