Why become a member? ×

Freelance Shows (BenTunnicliffe)

The bass weight I was getting from this beast really hit the spot at last night's two set gig in Polsham, England 21/05/22.

Moog Sub37 on the stand for half of the material and my equally fat PBass strung Bb, Eb, Ab, Db for the more rock, soul and Disco material.

Both instruments ran through a two channel head and the whole band was on IEMs which made the whole thing a real doddle. Particularly great hookup with the drummer and kind soul Arthur Hollindrake behind the kit.

1C8A1126-6C16-4216-BB55-77FC8B1703EE.JPG

AB27C71F-DFD3-4D17-A946-4B30872D39A5.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last night (June 5th 2022) I was playing soul, funk & synthpop classics on a festival stage with an 11 piece band at the Royal Victoria Gardens in London.

Again, my setup was the Moog Sub 37 for the three tunes that feature keyboard bass in the original recordings while the bulk of the 75minute set was on the PBass.

The stage crew were phenomenal and it was a real privilege to share the stage with some of my favourite musicians from the Southwest.

2B9972DF-DE5A-45B6-BAF1-C8FB82C4D8D7.JPG

81A7AC76-B816-4FD5-83F9-6EE82F75971A.JPG

A1DE0310-884D-4797-972D-E202BED05661.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday June 18th was a stage built directly in the shadow of a Concorde in Bristol for an exclusive event introducing the brand new Aston Martin vehicles to their new owners.

Again, both basses were recruited for low end duty with my Bb-Db PBass on 80% of the material and the more modern/more 80s material was covered by the Moog.

F3F99ADB-5335-41D1-88B7-B8C696711B1F.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My Double Bass Solo over a new composition 'Ty Unos' earlier this month with the Jochen Eisentraut trio at The Blue Bell, Conwy, North Wales 14/10/22 (choose your fave social media outlet!)

Instagram Video | Reddit Video | Watch on Tumblr| Watch On Facebook | Watch On Twitter | Watch on YouTube

Edited by BenTunnicliffe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just dug up some footage from jazz fusion band Antelope's UK tour back in 2015 and found a great snippet of Chris Young tearing it on alto while I'm on bass synth duties (Roland GAIA, Radial DI).

This clip is from the excellent venue Bloc+ in Glasgow where the whole night was a storm!

The band is now defunct and this tune 'Glass' was never released, along with the majority of the band's repertoire.

Watch Video On TikTokWatch Video on Instagram | Watch Video on Youtube | Watch Video on Reddit | Watch Video on Facebook | Watch Video on Twitter | Watch Video on Tumblr

Edited by BenTunnicliffe