Why become a member? ×

Bc Rich mockingbird plus 5 - *SOLD*
£300
Gosport

Bassman666

Due to downsizing the collection decided to part ways with this bc rich mockingbird plus 5 string. Bass sounds and plays great. Very light at approx 7.7 lbs. There is a few small marks and a small finish crack in the neck pocket. I have also moved the strap pins to help with balance so there are a few extra holes! Collection preferred however may consider posting or meeting half way. Thanks 

received_1451720638596210.jpeg

received_317826843845477.jpeg

received_2040576499607779.jpeg

received_1045517279388309.jpeg

received_1062551957950036.jpeg

received_539240727658357.jpeg

received_3378296929061709.jpeg

Edited by Bassman666
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Henrythe8 said:

The bride spacing can be adjusted with this "warwick-esque" bridge. You might be able to achieve 18/18,5mm. 

Although the bridge saddles have a grub screw, the spacing isn't adjustable as the saddles are the same width as the gaps. Seems like a terrible design 😂 I'm sure one of the ebay bridges would be a cheap way of getting string spacing adjustment 

That looks like a hell of a lot of bass for the money - I used to own a US Custom Shop NT Eagle, but know nothing about this particular range so hope this isn’t a stupid question; but is the buckeye burl top a wood veneer, or printed “wood effect”?

59 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

That looks like a hell of a lot of bass for the money - I used to own a US Custom Shop NT Eagle, but know nothing about this particular range so hope this isn’t a stupid question; but is the buckeye burl top a wood veneer, or printed “wood effect”?

In all honesty I'd imagine this is nowhere near one of their custom shop instruments, however it's a very very nice bass for the money. They're made in Indonesia, probably (I assume!) in a factory that makes many other brands. The burl top as far as I know is a veneer/actual wood and not a graphic. It's a lovely bass that is great as is, or would be a brilliant base for modding. I planned to fit an East pre and some dimarzio pickups along with some gotoh tuners. However a house move and too many impulse buys have put an end to my plans 😂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bassman666 said:

In all honesty I'd imagine this is nowhere near one of their custom shop instruments, however it's a very very nice bass for the money. They're made in Indonesia, probably (I assume!) in a factory that makes many other brands. The burl top as far as I know is a veneer/actual wood and not a graphic. It's a lovely bass that is great as is, or would be a brilliant base for modding. I planned to fit an East pre and some dimarzio pickups along with some gotoh tuners. However a house move and too many impulse buys have put an end to my plans 😂 

Thanks for info 👍. I’d assumed at that price it had to be Far Eastern made, but none the worse for that - in fact my old Eagle was affectionately known as “wonky” as the “R” headstock logo was a bit squiff - which would probably never happen in Indonesia!  

Always loved the Mockingbird bass since seeing Phil Lynott playing one (in fact his used to be owned, and still may be, by a member of BC).   Thinking of trying the “dark side” of 5 string once more after several failed attempts over the years, and this would be ideal.....🤔

• Like 1

• Bassman666 changed the title to SOLD Bc Rich mockingbird plus 5