Why become a member? ×

Flying Oceans - 2022 sessions

AndyTravis

So after a hilarious 18 months of messing about, personnel changes and drama galore…

I’ve managed to drag the band kicking and screaming across the finish line with a run of 9 singles.

Which will eventually form an Album.

The first song has had two versions, originally a demo I had done was referring to as “Rhymes” and we played it with a different singer. We also had a song called “Circles” which was (if you read the “auditions for the 602” thread) used to audition guitarists remotely during lockdown.

That audition song is now under another name…and “Rhymes” became “Circles” with a new (old) singer…

still with me?

Andyhow - very pleased with the outcome.

Official release date is 27/05.

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/flyingoceans/circles

An odd mix of Kings Of Leon and the Red Hot Chili Peppers…

only a short clip for now, but the above link will take you to the “pre save” for Apple and Spotify.

053A303F-91B7-42A5-BC05-DE6B4C2B1EE5.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 1

Not listened to it yet as my ageing browser won't open stuff properly, but have preordered on iTunes.

Pleased (and frankly astonished) that you've finally got all of the ducks in line - creativity sometimes needs tenacity!

Well done Andy (plus supporting cast).

• Thanks 1

Just now, paul_5 said:

Not listened to it yet as my ageing browser won't open stuff properly, but have preordered on iTunes.

Pleased (and frankly astonished) that you've finally got all of the ducks in line - creativity sometimes needs tenacity!

Well done Andy (plus supporting cast).

Thank you mate.

was chuckling to myself last night doing some admin - I was assaulted at work on Friday and have only just mustered the energy to do stuff.

We are releasing a single every 2 weeks…

I was watching James Bond (all on Amazon prime currently…) and at the end of each film it says “James Bond will return in…”

so once this is done…Flying Oceans will return with “The Doctor”

30FAC508-D2D8-479E-AD7D-97F70DC210A1.jpeg

3 hours ago, paul_5 said:

my ageing browser won't open stuff properly

It's a .mov file... Because it runs on Apple's 8 bit architecture it won't run in Chrome, or Edge, or even allow you to download! And the itunes link won't allow play on anything but the itunes app - no browsers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • AndyTravis changed the title to Flying Oceans - 2022 sessions

I hate making comparisons because the product should stand on its own feet and not get coloured by something someone else has done....but I'm going to do it anyway 🤣

That second single (The Doctor) very much reminds me of one of my favourite bands Lionize.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the songs mate. Very well done.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I hate making comparisons because the product should stand on its own feet and not get coloured by something someone else has done....but I'm going to do it anyway 🤣

That second single (The Doctor) very much reminds me of one of my favourite bands Lionize.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the songs mate. Very well done.

Thanks mate - this is a very tongue in cheek song, we love this style of “neo blues funk” or whatever the hipsters call it…

Actually started out as a little bass noodle and grew from there…

• Like 1