Why become a member? ×

Would you lend out your #1 bass?

dclaassen

My daughter has asked to borrow my Thunderbird and my amp and my pedal board for her school prom. On top of that, she expects me to put off selling my Jag and polish it so her and her band mates can arrive in V8 thunder.

I'll take her in my crappy Skoda and she can play her own bass and use the school amp. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

My daughter has asked to borrow my Thunderbird and my amp and my pedal board for her school prom. On top of that, she expects me to put off selling my Jag and polish it so her and her band mates can arrive in V8 thunder.

I'll take her in my crappy Skoda and she can play her own bass and use the school amp. 

Precedent set!

When she turns 21 you might give her the Thunderbird and it would really mean something.

23 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

... and when you are 80 and can't wipe your own bum she'll remind you of that decision. 😄

• Haha 1

Would I lend out my #1 bass?

I arguably have too many basses and may lend out one that I don't use much to someone I really trust.
The ones that I tend to rotate between most frequently - there's no chance of anyone else using those.

My band host a jam night every Sunday and it's normally own instruments and mics (since covid) or you don't get on stage.
A few of my basses are too expensive to let anyone else near, and i will take any of my basses to the jam night.
I bring a Squier P special for any mortals, who have happened in with no bass.