Why become a member? ×

What's your "signature bass"?

Nobody

On 21/05/2022 at 17:50, kodiakblair said:

Slab body P-bass (don't care what hardwood is used) , 20 fret all maple neck. 250k pots , 0.1 cap.

2 saddle bridge and any tuners with a ratio above 20:1. For the pickup, an Alnico single coil with lowish wire count.

Same here, though as I'm highly unlikely to ever qualify for an official signature model, reckon I'll just have to stick with my MIJ '51 P Reissue (with Evan Webb / Webbteca phenolic saddles for that extra retro touch). 

tony_m_bass.png

Edited by tony_m
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Dood said:

68DF23F0-9698-4018-A107-53AD249B3222_1_105_c.jpeg.4668d4111976e3a7aa78aeb905f12ad3.jpeg

It's this one. Version II has already been planned, just waiting to have my body parts valued so I can get on with a build diary! 

Love that P bass @Nobody, I'd actually love to have one the same with a maple fingerboard, with a plain headstock. 

Aww man, I do love Sally :) she's a cracker.

I guess this is my signature bass... my Shuker J.

With the benefit of years of hindsight, were I to commission it tomorrow it would look broadly similar but it would be 32" scale, and headless, and would have P/MM pickups.

image.png.85e7eb245a3db71c326f762e154d985b.png

• Like 3

On 21/05/2022 at 08:30, Steve Browning said:

My signature bass would be a sunburst Precision, 70's B profile neck. Tort guard and Lindy Fralin 5% overwound pickup, Gotoh 203 bridge. Also available in Mocha with a black scratchplate.

Pretty much the same, but in a Purple burst (candy "cadburys" purple to black) with a brass pickguard.

Up until recently I’d have said a black/black/maple Fender Precision, however I’ve realised that I prefer the sound of a rosewood fretboard - or at least I prefer the sound of my rosewood fretboard Precisions (which all sound the same) to my maple fretboard Precisions (which all sound the same). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2022 at 19:25, Lozz196 said:

Up until recently I’d have said a black/black/maple Fender Precision, however I’ve realised that I prefer the sound of a rosewood fretboard - or at least I prefer the sound of my rosewood fretboard Precisions (which all sound the same) to my maple fretboard Precisions (which all sound the same). 

And quite predictably I’ve changed my mind - again!

I’m a maple Precision guy, I just find playing the maple neck on a Precision more enjoyable so I’m sticking, as such my signature bass is a black/black/maple US Fender Precision (good job I’ve got 3 then).

FB8557E8-606E-49AE-8ECA-06680366ADF4.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 2

Comp stripe, large flake silver Mustang with active humbucker in the sweet spot with series/single coil/parallel switching. Matching headstock with ebony board and no front markers. 

.....not that I’ve given it any thought or anything 🤣🤣

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 1

My signature Washburn complete with signature quirks and flaws, signature replacement parts, signature sweat and general grub, signature gig bag, signature brown strap plus my signature Basschat straplocks.... includes my special signature furry cat guitar polishing accessory.

20220607_103839.jpg

• Like 6

Always a Stingray. If I had a choice to spec one, I'd go for sparkly sherwood green, dark dark dark rosewood board, tort binding, tort guard, probably a HH or HS, with a totally passive option and normal 3EQ option.

4 and 5 string version. The 5 with a birdseye maple neck and fretboard.

After that, 4 string P bass, sunburst, tort, rosewood. Done. 

• Like 1

A custom made 6 string, 30" scale, Bass VI type bass, with a 47mm graphite nut, a slim modern C profile, bolt on, 5 piece laminated Jatoba/Maple (just 2 relatively narrow layers of maple in between 3 wider layers of Jatoba) neck (or perhaps just a 2 piece Jatoba, the second piece being the tilted headstock joint), with graphite rods enforcement and a double action trussrod, a tilted 3+3, classic B.C Rich inspired, headstock, but overall slightly more narrow, and with the "devil horns" slightly shifted, so that the upper slightly larger "horn" is sitting a bit more forward than the slightly smaller and slightly retracted lower "horn", and a 24 medium jumbo stainless steel frets, 14" radius, figured Ebony, fretboard, with an ESP LTD F-204/F-1004 style inspired Mahogany body with a spalted maple top, in a transparent matte black burst finish, and equipped with a single middle position dual blade/rail mini humbucker in a dark blood red transparent plexi/poly glass cover, with a gold plated series/parallel switch, and an active LPF and HPF tone filter control, equipped with knobs made of solid transparent dark green plexi/poly glass encapsulated in hollow gold plated cylinders with a thin spiraling gold rib going upwards around them, the bridge being 6 gold plated steel mono rail pieces (or perhaps a wammy/tremolobridge).

Equipped with custom roundwound stanless steel hex core strings gauge .080 - .060 - .045 - .034 - .026 - .020, tuned G1 - C2 - F2 - A#2 - D3 - G3, as in G standard tuning, 3 half steps above E standard tuning.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1