Why become a member? ×

ACG Krell 4/34

Maxcat

I’ve been a bit tardy in posting this but finally it’s time to join the ACG Build Club 😀. I’ve been looking to commission a custom build for years but the timing wasn’t right. However moving just down the road from Alan and approaching a significant birthday brought it all together and I spent a fabulous few hours with Alan in February, picking his brains and picking out the materials from his awesome stock of woods to design what is a unique work of art and certainly, what to my eyes, will be the best looking bass I’ve seen.

Its  a Krell 4 string 34 scale. 

Hopefully be ready for November which is pretty quick for one of Alan’s creations. I’ll update in the next post. Cant wait. This is the hardest wait. 😀

B856EA9D-DC16-45F7-9065-3A09EC8AE670.jpeg

B381CE6B-FEDA-4D62-890A-2C44BDF5165D.jpeg

• Like 5

Cant wait Eude. Specs are

Top wood Ebony

Body Black Limba

Accent ART Sycamore

Board Mac Ebony alloy side dots.

Neck 5 piece Wenge/Bloodwood

Bridge Pu RFB with Coil switching

Neck pu  PB

pre amp DFM 5k/ap

slightly nervous about the combinations available with the pre amp I.E. LOTS but on the other hand really looking forward to playing around with it.

10 minutes ago, Maxcat said:

Cant wait Eude. Specs are

Top wood Ebony

Body Black Limba

Accent ART Sycamore

Board Mac Ebony alloy side dots.

Neck 5 piece Wenge/Bloodwood

Bridge Pu RFB with Coil switching

Neck pu  PB

pre amp DFM 5k/ap

slightly nervous about the combinations available with the pre amp I.E. LOTS but on the other hand really looking forward to playing around with it.

Man alive, that is a cool spec!
I've desperately trying to figure out how to finance one more ACG, but it's looking like selling off some of my spare internal organs or turning to crime are the only options at the moment...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, eude said:

I've desperately trying to figure out how to finance one more ACG, but it's looking like selling off some of my spare internal organs or turning to crime are the only options at the moment...

Well you only need one foot to tap to the beat...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, eude said:

I know right. I haven’t even got it yet and I’m looking around the herd wondering what I need to cull to get another. 

• Like 1

Up to date update. Things are coming along nicely. Once the neck is ready and attached I need to work out pick up position with Alan as I like a bit of space between the pu’s. Challenges challenges .

82B18086-9501-4CBE-A597-E8E526B921FB.jpeg

2C5490AF-0863-4B38-9AF2-B92F46A1F589.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latest instalment. The journey continues and looks to be on track for the BIG 21st(60th) bidet in Nov. Neck on, frets set, and pick up position finalised. Alan tells me the body carving phase should be starting in about a week or so. Then it will really start to pop. 

362D68AB-1827-43B8-B8C4-56CCB156334A.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good. 

TBH living down the road from Alan would be a dream and a nightmare for me...love to watch a genius at work but I'd be giving him all my money...

Yes, I'd have some beautiful basses but I wouldn't be eating much. 

I'm envious of your new acquisition...

On 15/09/2022 at 21:59, TheGreek said:

Looking good. 

TBH living down the road from Alan would be a dream and a nightmare for me...love to watch a genius at work but I'd be giving him all my money...

Yes, I'd have some beautiful basses but I wouldn't be eating much. 

I'm envious of your new acquisition...

I know exactly what you mean. 30 minutes away is close enough for me to talk myself into another soooo easily. Must resist. At least for now 😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxcat said:

I know exactly what you mean. 30 minutes away is close enough for me to talk myself into another soooo easily. Must resist. At least for now 😀

I used to be an hour away, but since moving to London I've seen no improvement, I'm still plotting more ACGs!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Maxcat said:

The Final Tease. I should get my sweaties on this work of art in the next week. It’s been a wait but it looks worth it to me. Final pictures next week hopefully. 🥰

6652AAE0-CC4B-4F71-AA58-741214B2A405.jpeg

Well that makes me more than a little jealous!

• Haha 1