Why become a member? ×

Purple Chili Phat Bass 450 watt amp, Purple Chili ZB112 300 watt cabinet x 2
£500
Weymouth Dorset

gerryc

It is with great reluctance I am having to down size, so up for sale is my gigging rig. Band folded a few years ago and at 72 I don't think that another rock band is on the cards. Tolex on the cabs is a bit scruffy but to my eye it looks good. Sadly unwilling to post so collection from Weymouth or meet up within 50 miles. Bass guitar not included in sale (could be with some negotiation)

purple chili 1.jpg

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

never too old to rock. 

Cracking rig would be a shame to sell and then find another band. I know a lot of guys in 70's still playing rock or variations of rock.

GLWTS

Dave

Thanks Dave,couldn't agree more with that sentiment. I haven't given, up just changed course. During lockdown I acquired a double bass and I am now with three other old guys (two guitars and a uke) doing Western swing, Gypsy jazz and Country and some stuff I wouldn't know what to call it. We can't decide on a band name, front runners are the Del Wrinkles or the Elderly bros

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, gerryc said:

Thanks Dave,couldn't agree more with that sentiment. I haven't given, up just changed course. During lockdown I acquired a double bass and I am now with three other old guys (two guitars and a uke) doing Western swing, Gypsy jazz and Country and some stuff I wouldn't know what to call it. We can't decide on a band name, front runners are the Del Wrinkles or the Elderly bros

Excellent news.

My fav music is Prog or classic rock but i'm doing a 70's Glam Rock covers band and a classic punk band. I grew up in early 70's listening to the Glam era so that's ok but I was never into punk at all but i love playing it. Its powerful and quite fast as i'm a fingerstyle player and i had to work on finger stamina for it but its great fun. I'm 62 so not that far behind you Gerry. 

I was in a band with guys in mid 70;s few yrs ago and we were doing Doobie Brothers and few other bands that i would call more funk rock than anything else but issues within the band .......... the usual ego's even in their 70's LOL

I'll keep playing till i'm fed up or bored with bands or i physically cant play so hopefully a good while away yet.

Like the sound of the new band tho and hopefully see some vids of gigs in future sir.

All the best

Dave

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2022 at 16:18, oldslapper said:

OMG. I’m selling gear not buying!!!! This has always been a rig I wanted. Just sooo cool. 

It's still here at a bargain price and not as heavy as it looks, you know you want it

• Like 1

I can't find out much about these online. Can you provide some spec for the head - is it all valve or a hybrid valve pre+class-D, what's the power rating, dimensions and weight etc. Similarly for the cabs - power rating, dimensions and weights. Thanks

18 hours ago, ikay said:

I can't find out much about these online. Can you provide some spec for the head - is it all valve or a hybrid valve pre+class-D, what's the power rating, dimensions and weight etc. Similarly for the cabs - power rating, dimensions and weights. Thanks

Head is hybrid, all valve pre amp 3x12ax7 hand wired by Denis Cornell of Cornell Pedals, class D power amp

W 48 cms

D 30 cms

H 19 cms

Weight 8.8 Kgs

Power 450 watts at 4 ohms (assuming at 8 ohms approx 200 -300 watts, still very loud with just one cab )

Cabs

W 52cms

D 42 cms

H 47 cms

Weight 14 Kgs

8 ohms 300 watts

All measurements and weights are approx, depending on accuracy of scales and my old eye sight

• Like 1

Thanks for those details. I was rather hoping it would help put the idea to bed, unfortunately it's just tickled my interest more. Bugger.

Edited by ikay

On 19/05/2022 at 15:36, dmccombe7 said:

Excellent news.

My fav music is Prog or classic rock but i'm doing a 70's Glam Rock covers band and a classic punk band. I grew up in early 70's listening to the Glam era so that's ok but I was never into punk at all but i love playing it. Its powerful and quite fast as i'm a fingerstyle player and i had to work on finger stamina for it but its great fun. I'm 62 so not that far behind you Gerry. 

I was in a band with guys in mid 70;s few yrs ago and we were doing Doobie Brothers and few other bands that i would call more funk rock than anything else but issues within the band .......... the usual ego's even in their 70's LOL

I'll keep playing till i'm fed up or bored with bands or i physically cant play so hopefully a good while away yet.

Like the sound of the new band tho and hopefully see some vids of gigs in future sir.

All the best

Dave

It took me 67 years to find a band with no egos, still a few fragile souls that take too much to heart,  but generally a good crowd. I am 70 now but we gigging ow and are booking for next year so don't give up.

I`m 75 next month , failing eysight , bad back and shoulders , angina , loosing my hair , only get VERY large knickers thrown at me on stage now , but still gigging ( be it only a couple of times a month with Dr Feelgood tribute )

They will have to carry me off stage when I go .

Started playing Guitar in the early 60`s , a few breaks over the years , VERY VERY understanding wife !

Pete

On 06/06/2022 at 17:56, ikay said:

I think @Cosmicrain built these... The man behind Zoot basses. 

4 hours ago, petetexas said:

I`m 75 next month , failing eysight , bad back and shoulders , angina , loosing my hair , only get VERY large knickers thrown at me on stage now , but still gigging ( be it only a couple of times a month with Dr Feelgood tribute )

They will have to carry me off stage when I go .

Started playing Guitar in the early 60`s , a few breaks over the years , VERY VERY understanding wife !

Pete

Snap although only 71 in December and still have my hair.

28 minutes ago, Bass Culture said:

He did.  He may be along to shed some light - if he can find time to take a break from building basses!  Mike really knows his stuff so I'd be surprised if this was anything other than awesome.

I've been to Mike's workshop a few times, he's done work on 3 of 4 of my basses and I can confirm his work is exceptionally good! If his amps/cabs are anything like his basses and repair work, then £500 is a steal for this rig. 

I can confirm Mike did indeed build this (ser no MB001/11)  and it is awesome and at £500 a steal. It is now on hold. To all those fellow Basschatters my age and older (and younger) offering words of encouragement I thank you but as I said in an earlier post I have not given up just changed direction by learning double bass.