Why become a member? ×

Jubilee £70 off!! 2018 Rickenbacker 4003S Matte(satin)Black - *SOLD*
£1650
Hertfordshire

Sparky Mark

SOLD.

As new condition Rickenbacker 4003S in the beautiful (and rare) matte black with certificate, manual, unopened dusting cloth, allen keys, case (with key) and bridge pickup bezel fitted (£46 from Rickysounds) and original bridge pickup cover.

This finish is more like satin than matte and feels incredibly smooth, almost teflon-like and plays faster than either matte or gloss lacquers. The frets are unmarked and the case is also as new.

Weight is 9lbs according to digital bathroom scales.

RRP is £2,789, retail around £2,499 and The Bass Gallery has one second-hand at £1,935. I'd like £1,580 or near offer collected from or meet up near(ish) to Hertford.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Sparky Mark
SOLD
  • Like 10

I've only owned one 4003; the reasons for selling are detailed elsewhere.  Man alive, that finish just ticks all my boxes - I see stuff like this and think to myself how much blacker could you go on one of these?  Stain the board? (did that on one of my Lulls), would a black plate be too much?  Lovely.

• Thanks 1

On 23/05/2022 at 10:23, NancyJohnson said:

I've only owned one 4003; the reasons for selling are detailed elsewhere.  Man alive, that finish just ticks all my boxes - I see stuff like this and think to myself how much blacker could you go on one of these?  Stain the board? (did that on one of my Lulls), would a black plate be too much?  Lovely.

Thank you. I could never get on with the 4003 due to the body binding rubbing against my right forearm. The softer edges of the 4003S make them playable for me.

• Sparky Mark changed the title to Jubilee £80 off!! 2018 Rickenbacker 4003S Matte Black
  • Sparky Mark changed the title to Jubilee £70 off!! 2018 Rickenbacker 4003S Matte(satin)Black
  • Sparky Mark changed the title to SOLD. 2018 Rickenbacker 4003S Matte(satin)Black