Why become a member? ×

Electric/Upright/Moog/Sight Reading Available July Onwards

Hi Everyone,

With Summer Coming To A Close I Am Now Available Most Weekends in 2022

And Am Willing To Consider All Gigs, Recordings or Remote Recordings Near & Far!

I hope you've kept safe these past few years

My last post in the bassists available sub was mentioned May 2013 in its title so I thought it was time for a fresh one.

Now based in Hereford, I've been in professional music since 2005 and by now I have extensive experience playing live and in the studio in original bands most often adjacent to either Jazz or Folk in Wales, London, Bristol and Cardiff.

In addition to original music, a great deal of my professional contracts have centred around my ability to sight read or memorise material ahead of time leading me to have been a part of a huge amount of weddings, long term contracts on cruise ships and also in the pit bands for West Side Story, Aladdin (panto), The Wiz, Billy Elliot, LIFT and FAME.

My last 'bassist available' had a comment from Geoff Chalmers (of Discover Double Bass) who kindly vouched for my playing ability and I'd be happy to give you further, specific references if anyone should want to get in touch.

With my diary reeling from the impact Covid had on the industry, I'm pretty much wide open for paid playing opportunities be them one night or long term contracts including a December month that is entirely empty should anyone know of a Pantomime slot that needs filling. I also have a tried and tested remote recording studio if you need any bass guitar/upright or Moog stems sending over in 24bit.

I've got great gear, I love the coffee chats either side of a performance, I'm not a drinker and I'm more than happy to drive a few hundred miles for the right gigs!

Cheers for reading my lengthy post and I hope you have a busy Summer ahead of you.

All the Best,

Ben

(Please see top of this message for dates I'm free)

Edited by BenTunnicliffe