Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Attitude LTD II, £1450
£1450
Bedlington, Northumberland

Mastodon2

Hey guys,

I am selling my Yamaha Attitude LTD II bass as I am now moving almost exclusively back to playing guitar and I just can't justify holding onto something I don't use, no matter how much I had wanted to own one for years.

This is an Attitude LTD II from the Yamaha guys in Japan. The Japanese Yamaha guys are renowned for their fit, finish and overall attention to detail - this is a superbly made bass. It's an October 2005 bass (you can find the serial number system document on Yamaha's website, this one is numbered using the classification system "E #10".

The bass is in great condition, having clearly not had a hard life prior to me owning it. There is some natural aging to the dark chrome parts of the instrument, but it looks to be very nicely aged overall. There aren't any dings or scratches, the gloss finish on the fretboard still has a mirrior shine to it. The frets are in great shape - unlike Billy, I never really bend strings on bass. The D-Tuner works perfectly, the neck is in good health too. Again, unlike Billy, I'm not a Yamaha endorser so I never tried the "neck bending" thing he does, as unlike Billy, I can't get a new bass for free if it goes wrong!

The bass has been modified by it's previous owner. The Dimarzio Willpower P pickup was removed and a set of Lace Alumitone P and J pickups were added. The body was routed to add the J bar, but it was done very well with no damage to the finish on the visible edges of the routing whatsoever. The previous owner also changed the wiring so the controls are now a volume knob and a pickup selector that clicks through the woofer pickup, the P pickup solo, P and J combined and the J pickup solo. The original Dimarzio pickup, tone pot and the knob to fit on the outside of the body are included with the bass. I realise that as a modified bass, it isn't worth the same as an unmodified bass, but that is reflected in my asking price. However, I had always wanted an Attitude bass just because I loved watching Billy use his on Steve Vai's "Live at the Astoria" DVD, but I probably wouldn't have picked a standard one up, as I really can't make do with a P pickup on it's own. So if you're like me and really want to own an Attitude bass, but felt like the P pickup and woofer alone wouldn't give you the tonal range you need, this could be a great bass for you. Personally, I almost never plugged the woofer pickup in (the bass has two output sockets, one for the woofer and one for the PJ pickups) and ran the bass almost exclusively with the P and J pickups.

The Lace Alumintones are hot and ballsy as hell. This bass probably isn't great if you're playing bass with a wedding band, trying to quietly pluck your way through jazz standards during dinner service. 

The bass comes with the fitted Yamaha hardcase. You are more than welcome to come and try the bass out at my house; I live in Bedlington, Northumberland, about 30 minutes from the city centre of Newcastle. Alternatively, we can meet up or I could deliver the bass to you within a reasonable radius of my location.

I can also ship the bass via courier. Of course. this would need to be insured shipping, but I'm more than happy to work out a price for shipping based on quotes if the buyer wants the bass posted.

For payment, I can take cash for an in-person handover. Bank transfer or PayPal are also options.

If you have any questions, please give me a shout.

Cheers,

Dave

20220517_122341.jpg

20220517_122337.jpg

20220517_122345.jpg

20220517_122400.jpg

20220517_122409.jpg

20220517_122414.jpg

20220517_122421.jpg

20220517_122526.jpg

20220517_122622.jpg

20220517_122722.jpg

Edited by Mastodon2
Adding photos
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Previous owner deserves to be castrated 👀😂

These are f***ing amazing basses though!! Mr Sheehan and Mr Yamaha know how to make a bass 😉👌🏻 if it doesn't already look sexy, the sound is unbelievable. 

GLWTS 🙌🏻

Harsh! 😂

To be fair, the mods made sense to me - the Attitude bass is something of a one-trick pony (but it's a very good trick!), but the J bar gives it a lot more versatility, plus the pickup switching allows it to run like a typical Attitude bass if you just want the woofer and P pickup. If it was standard however, I'd be asking for a lot more than I am, given it's in great condition. 😁

11 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

Previous owner deserves to be castrated 👀😂

Request declined.

11 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

These are f***ing amazing basses though!! Mr Sheehan and Mr Yamaha know how to make a bass 😉👌🏻 if it doesn't already look sexy, the sound is unbelievable. 

Yes. Although I like to mention that the DiMarzio P is awfully microphonic. You can hear each tipp on it's cover. Not useful.

I went through several P-pickups whereof I liked the Aguilar the most.

Finally decided for this Lace combination for unusualness.

• 2 months later...