Why become a member? ×

Budget IEM advice, KZ vs CCA etc

CliveT

Looking at IEM's for occasional use as still playing mainly with an amp and the 2 most popular seem to be KZ and CCA

KZ ZST or KZ ZSTX look very good value at £18.99 on Amazon.  Is there much difference?  I've read the ZSTX is louder.  The KZ do generally get excellent reviews for the cost on Youtube.

CCA C10 is just over twice the price at £38.99 with the CCA C12 a little more.

Are the CCA worth the extra over the KZ or would you recommend something else entirely? 

I’m not familiar with either of those models, but I bought a pair of ZST10s when my old sennheisers died and we’re then discontinued.

The ZST10s sound amazing and fit surprisingly well. They’re now my ‘go to’ for my MacBook, iPod, practice amp; in fact anything with a headphone socket!

• Like 1

I Can’t comment on KZ as I personally haven’t used them, but I do have a pair of CCA C12’s & am very impressed with the sound quality & separation of drivers. A vocalist friend uses KZ’s & is equally impressed with the sound quality? The build looks very similar between these brands..

It took a while to find comfortable buds for these IEM’s & unfortunately I suffered from a couple of ear infections, constantly pushing the buds further in to my ear canal to get better bass response..

So in the end, I bit the bullet & bought a set of Custom moulds from CustomIEMco, going for UE6’s.

These have taken a little while to get used to, as they are such a tight fit, but the sound reproduction quality is fantastic but my CCA’s still come a close second (especially if I don’t need to wear them too long or am moving around too much?).