Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Alpha Omega 900, £700 - *SOLD*
£700
Bedlington, Northumberland

SOLD

Hey guys, I'm selling off my Darkglass Alpha Omega 900. This was bought new last summer and had only had light use at home.

I'm selling because I just don't need it. As you'd expect for something which has seen little use, it's in excellent condition.

The key points for the amp are as follows:

* 900 watts power output

* Alpha Omega distortion circuit

* Built-in compressor based on the Darkglass Hyperluminal compressor

* Headphone input

* Built-in cabinet simulator for playing direct to a mixing desk or recording

* 6 band EQ

* Footswitch for the distortion 

This amp is a great, even if you never use the famous Darkglass overdrive or distortion, which I rarely ever did. There are "Bite" and "Growl" switches that function as filters to tweak your sound. The distortion circuit has an overall gain knob, to go from mild drive to raging distortion. 

The Alpha / Omega knob allows you to blend between two distortion sounds. Alpha is a tight, modern distortion sound and Omega is a fat, raw distortion, like you'd hear on an early 90s death metal record. I'd guess 90% of players use it exclusively on the Alpha setting because that is the sound that's in fashion. The footswtich is included which allows you to activate or deactivate distortion with a tap of the foot.

The compressor is probably my favourite thing about this amp, it's one knob, roll it off to deactivate it, roll it up to tighten the squeeze. It has a really nice musical edge to it, even on the max setting it's not a harsh, crushing compression. I think of it as a "sound better" knob as it just makes everything sound nicer.

The amp has built-in cab simulation, which changes the sound output when you're going direct to a mixing desk or recording. You can plug in via micro USB and modify these cab sims too, though I never did so the head will ship with the factory default sims.

To be honest, I'm not a distortion guy and mostly used the amp clean. It sounds super punchy but not harsh or too bright. The 6 band EQ sliders give you a lot of tone shaping control.

You're welcome to come and try the amp out at my house, I'm located in Bedlington about 30 minutes from Newcastle Central Station.

Alternatively, I can ship the bass in the original box. If this is an option you're interested in, we can work out a shipping cost. It's a class D head so it's not big and it weighs less than 3kg.

I can potentially deliver or meet to do a handover in person if its within a reasonable radius of where I live.

I can take payment in cash if we handover in person, or alternatively bank transfer or PayPal are options.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch and I'll reply as quickly as I can.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

20220517_122809.jpg

20220517_122812.jpg

20220517_122817.jpg

20220517_122832.jpg

20220517_122843.jpg

Edited by Mastodon2
Item has sold
  • Like 1

• Mastodon2 changed the title to Darkglass Alpha Omega 900, £700 - SOLD