Why become a member? ×

Today I am dumb . . .

So I sit down with a bass, not long after I had woken, but one I am pretty familiar with.

Play for a bit, decide for move to the bridge pickup, disaster strikes!

The bridge pickup is really quiet and wimpy, something is broken, I've had a wiring issue in this guitar before so I immediately think the worst.

After a couple of minute of checking the problem recurs and mentally bemoaning the difficulties that lie ahead I realise that I'm turning the bass EQ right down, not adjusting the blend.

I think I will avoid sharp tools today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Arrive and set up at an outdoor gig. Plug in and make a noise to make sure the amp is working then off to help with the drums before the soundcheck. Sound guy connects me to the PA through the DI out on the amp. Soundcheck - bass through the PA but nothing from my amp that was working minutes before. Pedals ok, bass ok. 'Discuss' things with the sound guy. Prepare to play the gig with minimal monitoring. At the last minute, I remember my amp has a volume control. D'oh. Sheepishly apologise to the sound guy and prepare for endless p*** taking from the band. I was not disappointed. 🙄