Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried drumming?

la bam

Ive tried drumming, but never got anywhere with it. I can - badly - play keyboards, basses and guitars of all flavours, mandolin, a bit of trumpet/cornet, harmonica, but struggled with drums. Not being any good at it immediately I never bothered continuing!

To my poor brain anything other than a very basic, standard, even number timing felt like patting my head and rubbing my tummy at the same time. You either can or you can't, and i just can't. 

15 hours ago, leschirons said:

I get it. I have fairly expensive 16" Zildjian K custom dark crash on the right. It just doesn't do what I want!  Think I need a thin one but there's all this talk of "dry, dark, light" and other daft words that I  don't understand in this context. I guess it'll mean going into a shop with a stick and hope that they've got a kick drum within reach.

I tend to listen to the cymbals on the Memphis Drum Shop youtube channel. They've had every Zildjian I've ever wanted to hear. They're really well recorded and play the cymbal on it's own, but also in context

Personally I like thin, but large diameter cymbals. I'm currently gigging with 16" K Light Hats, 19" K Dark Thin Crash, 20" K Cluster Crash, and a 24" K Light Ride.

• Thanks 1