Why become a member? ×

Omega Bridge Issues (Cort GB-75JH)

glassmoon

Hi all 

A question. I'm struggling with the bridge saddles. The B to D sit well(ish), but the G is either way off the pickup poles or the string, when aligned, is at an alarming angle from the bridge 'string hole'.

A. Do I need to swap saddles, a la Hipshot KickAss, or B. can I easily adjust things as they stand?

My thanks in advance 

Julian 

20220429_095529.jpg

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

Hi all 

A question. I'm struggling with the bridge saddles. The B to D sit well(ish), but the G is either way off the pickup poles or the string, when aligned, is at an alarming angle from the bridge 'string hole'.

A. Do I need to swap saddles, a la Hipshot KickAss, or B. can I easily adjust things as they stand?

My thanks in advance 

Julian 

20220429_095529.jpg

Difficult to tell from 'out here' as a viewer but I think the bridge is slightly off centre itself....I'm trying to gauge this by the way the strings are positioned over their individual bridge pieces.

Looking at the D string of where the bridge has the channel for that bridge part, it just looks slightly to left (in the pic) of the centre pickup pole pieces. Also the edges of the bridge unit don't appear to 'line up' with the bridge pickup edges. Can you put a straight edge ruler from the centre of the bridge to the pickup's central pole pieces and also the outsides of bridge to the bridge pickup and see what the alignment shows up there. 

So.... 

I was looking at some pictures from "another bass blog", a NBD post for this same bass, and then at my pics - back and forth for ages - and then it dawned on me that the strings (by the chap I bought the bass from) had gone through the 2nd saddle screw hole [[ as far as I can tell, you can run the screws in different holes to achieve different spacings ]]. I swapped the strings to the "bottom" hole and while it's not perfect... it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!!!!!

Many thanks for the inputs folks... a head scratcher for me, but once the penny had dropped

20220516_075708.thumb.jpg.afdf3c5634a0f2522bea1eed61e5e868.jpg20220516_075646.thumb.jpg.35f28f0e54ef571d0d0a4e335e04c739.jpg

• Like 1