Why become a member? ×

Earworms

dave moffat

Closer - Faith No More. Could be worse, a lot worse.

EDIT: Being mostly unfamiliar with the FNM canon, I thought the song in my was entitled Closer. However, having checked online, it seems it’s actually Ashes to Ashes, (the only words I could hear in my head and recall were ‘closer, closer’). :facepalm:

Edited by ezbass

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

An underrated song. A great song lost in a catalogue of incredible songs.

I’m very, very late to the FNM party and only really aware of what they play on Planet Rock, but I like what I hear.

6 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’m very, very late to the FNM party and only really aware of what they play on Planet Rock, but I like what I hear.

They don't play a lot of their classics. I'd recommend checking out The Real Thing, Angel Dust, Ashes to Ashes and Sol Invictus

• Thanks 1

My earworm is song "go johny, go". I don't like this song, but when i hear it somewhere, i absolytely concentrate to listen to it and sing inside myself. Then i put it in my phone as an alarm sound and it works very good. When i have to wake up at 7am to get ready for a job, i never missed it. This is my story.

…and out of the blue this morning I awoke with what is, Shirley, one of the lowest points in the entire history of music running around my brain totally uninvited. That’s right, the Bowie/Jagger version of Dancing in the Street *shudder*. How did it get in there? Why can’t I erase it?

I’m off out for a spin in the car with Reign In Blood on at high volume.

These buggers have plagued me all week. ‘A bit of harmless radio, on the way to work’, is what I said to myself at the start of the week. 'Harmless' my a*se!

Gangnam Style – Psy

Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson

About the Bass – Meghan Trainer

Shake It Off – Taylor Swift

Here I am at the end of the week…

Insane.gif

Edited by Greg.Bassman
  • Haha 1

Lord alone knows where it came from as I don't believe I've heard it for decades but all yesterday I had a loop of Boney M's 'One Way Ticket' playing in my head. 

All. 

Day.

Long.

It's nice to share:

In 2014 I climbed Kilimanjaro. The summit 'day' is a steep all night slog with little to see or hear until you get to the rim of the crater which, if all goes well, coincides with the sunrise. It took us about 7 hours and for most of those hours I had 'Three Little Birds' worming its way through my head. To start with, it was annoying but as the fatigue set in the chorus 'Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'cos every little thing's gonna be alright' was exactly what I needed to hear.

• Like 2