Why become a member? ×

Earworms

dave moffat

The absolute worst one for me is perfectly titled 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' by Kylie Minogue.  I hate the song, have never ever actively listened to it, but somehow it has infiltrated the corners of my brain and keeps making little sorties into my consciousness when I least expect it.

na na na, na na nana na

ARGHHHHH!!!!!😱

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Paul S said:

The absolute worst one for me is perfectly titled 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' by Kylie Minogue.  I hate the song, have never ever actively listened to it, but somehow it has infiltrated the corners of my brain and keeps making little sorties into my consciousness when I least expect it.

na na na, na na nana na

ARGHHHHH!!!!!😱

I was about to put the same song. It does that because it is a perfect slice of brilliant pop. Still rather strange how it does infiltrate worm-like without hearing it though.

14 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Stop by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. 

Not sure why, haven't listened to it in ages. Great bass riff, proper scumbag rock and roll.

Absolutely stonking song. I love the bass line at the start. I love hearing it live.

38 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Absolutely stonking song. I love the bass line at the start. I love hearing it live.

I cheated at last night's jam session and ripped off the riff for a jam since it was already lodged in my head.

• Haha 1

Last 4 or 5 days its been Kate Bush's  ' Symphony in Blue and  ' Moving ' because of those stupendously fab bass lines by David Paton. 

That tone and the mix for his bass is just something else. Under headphones they'e sublime

But it's cracking my walnut.  Not because i dont like the songs, but because i just cant get them out of my head.

..ang on. Cant Get It Out Of My Head ?  No.....!!!!   Na na na na

Oh hell..

• Haha 2

I seem to get annoyingly catchy, simple, repetitive basslined songs stuck in my head. 

Today's was Judy in Disguise. 

Doing the 'da da da daaa, d da da d d d dada' out loud, over and over in a crescendo as more imaginary instruments are added, then abruptly stopping and singing "Judy in disguise", and then starting all over again gets you funny looks. 😁

Have this one on me for tomorrow 😉

Edited by Maude
  • Thanks 1

I've always suffered from this and has quite regularly stopped me from sleeping. The worse I can remember is "you're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush" by Max Bygraves when I was about 7 after hearing it on my grandma's radiogramme! I even remember asking my mum how do I stop this cause it's driving me mad. 

I even find myself chewing in tempo to the song going round in my head ffs. 

Edited by Buddster
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buddster said:

I've always suffered from this and has quite regularly stopped me from sleeping. The worse I can remember is "you're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush" by Max Bygraves when I was about 7 after hearing it on my grandma's radiogramme! I even remember asking my mum how do I stop this cause it's driving me mad. 

I even find myself chewing in tempo to the song going round in my head ffs. 

Often when this happens to me, the song will get stuck in there for several days, and often, it’s just a couple of lines, going around and around and around. It can drive me nuts.

Talking of the Toothbrush song. When I was a kid my brother and I were playing in the snow in our back garden, when we suddenly found a 7” vinyl record, just sticking out of the snow. There was no sleeve, just the record, but it was undamaged. I imagine that one of the kids from one of the other back gardens had used it as a frisby. Even though it was only 7”, it had the Toothbrush song, Teddy Bear’s Picnic, Gilly, Gilly, Ossenfeffer, Katzenellen Bogen By The Sea (which I loved) and one other that I can’t remember right now.

Sorry if this is common knowledge to others, but it's kind of relevant. 

Back in the days of CBS studios in London (70s), they used to now they had a hit if they heard the tea ladies whistling the tune of songs they were working on. 

These tea ladies were called the Old Greys, and that's where the TV show got it's name from. 

• Thanks 2

My gf comes over on the weekends and gets her rocks off (now, now) singing in my bedroom studio. She does everything from Fanthom of the Opera, Greatest Showman, to Rob Zombie. Serious. Female AND male parts. She rips Whitney Huston - and Dolly Parton. Right now the "Marty Challenge" came after watching the 2020 version of "Mulan" and as the credits role, Christina Aguilera SLAMS "Reflection". And my gf SLAMS it. And I wake up Monday morning....

• Haha 1