Why become a member? ×

Baited Breath? What new releases are you looking forward to?

odysseus

Anybody got any music releases on the horizon that they are eagerly anticipating?

For me, Billy Howerdel has got an album coming out on June 10th.  For the uninitiated, he is the guy behind A Perfect Circle, which is generally regarded as 'Maynard from Tool's other band', or in some cases Tool Lite, which I think does them a disservice.  Ole Billy is very good at doing the haunting and spooky thang.  I like his recent track releases, especially this one.

I'm also looking forward to a new Polyphia album this year, but AFAIK there isn't a date yet. The boys seem to have got themselves new guitars and in this track using a sort of flamenco-ish vibe and lovely guitar sounds mixed with some more proggy and techy rhythm/percussion action, giving it a blend of old and new. They tend to incorporate a fair bit of other styles and bring guests in too.  Should be interesting!

Anyone else got some stuff they're waiting for? 🙂

The new 'Lake' album. The surviving original 70's members have reformed and are currently recording a new album, due for Dec release!

Also, the new Journey album...... and the new Chicago album, both ready for release apparently...

I heard a few great songs by this artist, but they didn't have an album so I'm waiting for it.... should be around about now.

Liked her so much that I can't remember her name 🙂 !

I'll have to post a question on one my FB groups....... I think someone will know!

Most of the bands I like have either broken up, release stuff every three years or have just stopped releasing material.  In the main it's more a case about waiting for these super-deluxe things with bonus and/or 5.1 content; Tears For Fears, Bernard Butler, XTC etc.  I'm hoping Steven Wilson will be able to do more (pending location of the masters) in the XTC Surround Sound series or maybe do the same for Jellyfish or Sugarbomb.

The only thing I am REALLY looking forward to is the second round of Max Richter's Four Seasons Reimagined (June'22).  There's a few bands I'll hunt down new releases when they arrive, but I'm not getting particularly moist over them.

On 16/05/2022 at 16:47, Nail Soup said:

I heard a few great songs by this artist, but they didn't have an album so I'm waiting for it.... should be around about now.

Liked her so much that I can't remember her name 🙂 !

I'll have to post a question on one my FB groups....... I think someone will know!

FB gave me the answer.... it's Sinead O'Brien ( I'd been searching for Edna O'Brien  - who is an author)