Why become a member? ×

New rig day! Markbass + GR Bass

TRBboy

New rig day! 🥳🥳🥳

Well, the head came yesterday, and I did a 5.5hr round trip first thing today to pick the cab up! Sounds absolutely incredible at house volume, so I can't wait to give it some beans at tonight's gig. The cab is 1200w 4ohm so will be able to make good use of all that juice. So excited 🤘😎

IMG_20220514_122203.jpg

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Merton said:

Nice!

Have to say the “standard” GR cabs look like the ones I’d choose (over the Ameritech ones) - let us know how the gig goes!

First set done, sounds incredible! Super, super pleased with this cab, I think best I've had by some distance! I actually haven't used the LM800, I'm using a LM2 I'm borrowing off a friend, and I think 500w is more than enough 😂😳

The low end response of this cab is just what I've been searching for. 

Edited by TRBboy
  • Like 1

So, after further consideration on the LM800 and more time spent with it, I've sent it back today.  It worked okay, but did have some issues (mainly cosmetic). Ultimately, I didn't feel like it had been looked after by its previous owner, and this gives me uncertainty over reliability. That maybe silly, but it is what it is. 

I think I've found something else suitable, but whatever I get will definitely be a Markbass head regardless 😊👍

I won't do a seperate post, but my replacement for the LM800 has arrived today; a lovely Little Mark Tube! I've only given it a quick try, but it sounds great so far. Inherently brighter than the LM2 possibly? We will see. 

No gig this weekend though sadly!i will report back after next Friday's gig. 😊👍

IMG_20220520_121106.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRBboy said:

I won't do a seperate post, but my replacement for the LM800 has arrived today; a lovely Little Mark Tube! I've only given it a quick try, but it sounds great so far. Inherently brighter than the LM2 possibly? We will see. 

No gig this weekend though sadly!i will report back after next Friday's gig. 😊👍

IMG_20220520_121106.jpg

Lovely rig, according to reviews comparing them, the Markbass 500 watt class D sounds punchier than the 800 watt version. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raslee said:

Got mine earlier this week - yup, I like this one!

201FF716-DEB4-4278-819A-ECD0959EE0BD.thumb.jpeg.4719daa36fe2ea739977b56e98169415.jpeg

Seems great so far! Do you notice a real 'boost' when you have the preamp blend set to 12 o'clock? 

Is that a P5 too..... 😃 I keep ogling the 5 string version! 

I think next gig I need to do one set with the LMT and one with the LMII. Out of the 3 the Markbass heads I've tried recently, I kinda feel like the LMII is my favourite! 😂 Although tbf it's the only one I've gigged so far. May do some comparing in the cellar today..... 

IMG_20220520_124937.jpg

IMG_20220514_205355.jpg

Edited by TRBboy

2 hours ago, TRBboy said:

Out of the 3 the Markbass heads ice tried recently, I kinda feel like the LMII is my favourite! 😂 Although tbf it's the only one I've gigged so far. May do some comparing in the cellar today..... 

That's not surprising at all. The LM2 is the head that really made Markbass. Some thought the limiter was too severe once the LM2 hit its max output, but hey, at that point you probably need another rig.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2022 at 08:04, TRBboy said:

Seems great so far! Do you notice a real 'boost' when you have the preamp blend set to 12 o'clock? 

Is that a P5 too..... 😃 I keep ogling the 5 string version! 

Yeah I'm very happy with the LMT so far. I did my first gig, albeit mainly acoustic set up, last night and had a sweet tone with my P5 and a Markbass Traveler 102 (2x10)  - warm and defined. Not really noticed a boost as you suggest but then i left it mostly on Tube last night, and a bit of VLE at 10 o'clock, low mids at 2.

The Sire P5's are really great for the money, i bought it mainly as a back up to my 74P. I've since changed the stock pickup to a Tonerider I had in my parts draw and its tamed the high end a bit - was a bit nasally for my liking, great bass though and a lovely roasted neck.

• Like 1

Well, I played my first gig with the LMT on Friday night, and it performed admirably! Sounded really good, and it was easy to dial in something that worked well with the room we were playing in. I ended up with the SS/Tube preamp blend set at about 3 o'clock; the valve side does seem to have a bit more grittiness and presence, but the solid state side has a fuller, tighter low end response as far as I can tell (could be complete nonsense though!). I still continue to be impressed with this GR cab, I've had some great gear over the years but this just WORKS (especially well with a Markbass head it would seem!). 

Although I enjoyed the LMT, I'm still not sure if the LMII is my favourite out of the few I've tried recently! 😂

IMG_20220527_203353.jpg

IMG_20220527_203340.jpg