Why become a member? ×

First person to see will buy…

Burns-bass

3 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Which brings me on to another gem.

Sold as seen.

Aka kn#ckered!

to be fair there are as many chancers buying as selling. i once sold a very accurately described and photographed mercedes on ebay only for the chancer to be demanding money back nearly 4 months later livid that the 17 year old 200000 miles plus car bought for just under £500 had developed an electrical fault.

• Like 1

Near retail price as it’s been “extensively upgraded” with a quarter pounder and a different colour scratchplate…

or sellers who tell me the price of how much some tech charged them to fit the set of strings (on an electric bass) and then expect that cost to be added to their asking price… 

Edited by LukeFRC

Ex (insert famous bassist) bass played on the (insert famous album) tour.

Usually for a model bass that the named bassist has never played and on the tour where the band had a different bassist. 

For example "Ex Cliff Burton Dingwall NG2 which he played on the St Anger tour"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Ex (insert famous bassist) bass played on the (insert famous album) tour.

For me that always works against an instrument - some famous artist who can afford whatever they want had a choice of keeping this bass, but they decided to get rid of it as it wasn't as good as the other ones they had.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

For me that always works against an instrument - some famous artist who can afford whatever they want had a choice of keeping this bass, but they decided to get rid of it as it wasn't as good as the other ones they had.

Not exactly one careful lady owner. 

2 hours ago, Bleat said:

Amps: " Recently serviced" By that you mean you sprayed a bit of pot cleaner about then.

Or it's just gone bang, I got it fixed but was told it won't last much longer. 

6 hours ago, tegs07 said:

to be fair there are as many chancers buying as selling. i once sold a very accurately described and photographed mercedes on ebay only for the chancer to be demanding money back nearly 4 months later livid that the 17 year old 200000 miles plus car bought for just under £500 had developed an electrical fault.

How did that pan out?

6 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

How did that pan out?

nothing came of it. no case. i sold the car in good faith, but anyone who expects no repair bills for any used car let alone a 17 year old one is delusional. 

11 hours ago, Bleat said:

Amps: " Recently serviced" By that you mean you sprayed a bit of pot cleaner about then.

I spoke to my local amp tech about servicing after he had repaired mine. He said blow the dust out of it once a year but other than that, if it sounds good then don't touch it.

26 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I spoke to my local amp tech about servicing after he had repaired mine. He said blow the dust out of it once a year but other than that, if it sounds good then don't touch it.

Might try that with my car.