Why become a member? ×

Hx stomp pedal board to FOH / PA

Spirosk13

Hello,

Got a gig with my band (alt/metal), and there are no amps in the venue. Will bring my combo just to be sure. But want to try something.

My pedal board setting is Tunner->Darkglass B7k-> HX stomp->MESA buffer.

I ve seen videos with people going straight from HX stomp to PA/FOH, without an amp. Would it have any issues if it's from the buffer rather than the Stomp?

Also thinking of using the parallel output of B7k as a DI. Does it matter if I use the jack Vs XLR output?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

I’m not familiar with the MESA buffers - if it has a balanced XLR out then I’d say you’ll be fine.  If not then the stomp outputs are balanced, so you could get a short 6.35mm TRS jack to XLR female cable.

Edit to add, I’ve heard a few people say that they get noise issues with the Stomp if phantom power is switched on at the mixing desk, so you might want to bear that in mind.

Edited by Gottastopbuyinggear

1 hour ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

I’m not familiar with the MESA buffers - if it has a balanced XLR out then I’d say you’ll be fine.  If not then the stomp outputs are balanced, so you could get a short 6.35mm TRS jack to XLR female cable.

Edit to add, I’ve heard a few people say that they get noise issues with the Stomp if phantom power is switched on at the mixing desk, so you might want to bear that in mind.

The buffer doesn't have an XLR. It's the MESA high-wire dual.

I've read about that for the Stomp. Would that be a case of asking the sound guy to turn it off? I know you can change the impedance from instrument to line level from its settings.

Depending on the PA desk it may not be possible to turn off the phantom power at a channel by channel level. I always take a simple passive DI box which I run from one of the unbalanced outputs of my Helix for connection to the PA (I use the balanced line XLR out of the Helix to connect to my FRFR if I need to use it.)