Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Victor Bailey (No Longer For Sale)
£1995
London

Alexbass

Victor Bailey Jazz Bass® (2001-2011), Rosewood Fingerboard, Natural, 4 strings

In very good condition, it has played many gigs and has a few scratches and bumps the worst of which are shown in the close up photos. There are no varnish cracks. It plays beautifully and looks great, I bought it new so it comes with it's original case and truss rod key.

Pick up only.

Here is the Fender Description:

This rare and beautifully crafted Victor Bailey Jazz Bass® guitar incorporates the finest in design and electronics as specified by Bailey himself. The sleek, exotic-looking body has koa and rosewood over mahogany; the maple neck has a rosewood fingerboard with Posiflex™ graphite neck support rods, abalone dot inlays, rolled fingerboard edges and highly detailed nut and fret work. Special Design Noiseless™ pickups add warmth and low end, complementing the hardwood body's natural clarity and brightness and producing an extremely dynamic tonal range. The circuitry has been tweaked at the input stage (pre-shape, boost and EQ settings) to enhance the unique sonic nature of the woods. Bass EQ is centered at 40Hz at +/- 12dB with a 4dB per-octave slope; treble is centered at 8 kHz at +/- 10dB with a 2dB per-octave slope (treble cut serves more as a passive control for warm organic tones); mid-control is centered at 500Hz and +10dB and -15dB with a wide-band slope creating a distinctive voice. For maximum headroom, the circuit has an 18-volt power supply. Other features include gold-plated hardware, Fender®/Schaller® deluxe lightweight tuners, and a Bailey caricature graphic on the headstock.

IMG_0110.jpegIMG_0109.thumb.jpeg.52ebb556542747ff3cde731ef386a4ec.jpeg

IMG_0113.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

Edited by Alexbass
added tags
  • Like 18

I tried one of these out a few years back in a trip to Brighton and to me it was the best sounding fender i've ever played. If I was to go down the fender/FSO bass route that would be the first one i would seek out to try again.

All the best with the sale.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Alexbass changed the title to Fender Jazz Victor Bailey For Sale - PRICE DROP -> £1800!!
8 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Jeez someone buy this. These are getting so sought after nowadays. They rarely come up for sale. I remember playing one at the gallery and it was such a fantastic sounding jazz bass. a lot of cats think they sound darker sound but ooh no.. 

Well volunteered 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Alexbass changed the title to Fender Jazz Victor Bailey (No Longer For Sale)