Having complete clear out. 

Sting-a-like fretless P.

G&B Ash body

Unknown P neck 

large plate vintage tuners

SD Vintage P pup

Schaller style strap locks

Plays great, sounds great, looks cool

Has a cheeky “Finder” decal in a certain style. 

£250, owes me more. But need to move all my stuff. Not posting sorry, I don’t have the time or patience with current circumstances. Happy to meet up Bath/Bristol/Bridgwater.

DB2FDF1F-827E-425F-B8AB-8148B5D3BEF1.jpeg

D249FC55-E609-49BD-A3B0-196F1B9D4E72.jpeg

B8A2FF7D-F032-4FAB-BE97-7A008A3E83B0.jpeg

B4EE9EFC-DE0C-42FA-A6C4-59CEEBD690F6.jpeg

15DD8D00-0AE2-40F9-B94F-F5CC4F08D70C.jpeg

64AFDD38-3124-4584-8D31-61E991AC4C0F.jpeg

A893344B-6060-4532-A3B6-93AD90C872A2.jpeg

Edited by oldslapper
  • Like 11

A bitsa after my own heart that is 👍 - some lovely grain on that ash body, looks to be one-piece too. 

Is the neck / fingerboard a single piece of maple (as ‘70’s Fender) or separate fingerboard?

18 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

A bitsa after my own heart that is 👍 - some lovely grain on that ash body, looks to be one-piece too. 

Is the neck / fingerboard a single piece of maple (as ‘70’s Fender) or separate fingerboard?

Hey @Shaggy looks like one piece 

A2E16CC5-D910-44F8-B445-04A0CA1F3271.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Great looking Bass, John. Hope everything is okay 

Cheers Nick. 
Facing a couple of things at the moment, but NHS is brilliant despite the pressure they’re under. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Cheers Nick. 
Facing a couple of things at the moment, but NHS is brilliant despite the pressure they’re under. 

Sorry to hear that John. Having faced my own tribulations and (touch wood) come out the other side, you're in good hands. 

It goes without saying, let me know if I can do anything at all (apart from buying your Fretless!) and hang tough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, John - where are the dot markers on this, if you don't mind me asking? On the "fret" or between the frets where they would be on a fretted?

Thanks, Pete

Edited by pajhartley

Hope all's OK John?

Re the neck folks, like about 50% of the maple board fretless neck in existence it would seem, this neck used to reside chez Beedster! It's a 70's profile, very nice to play, stable and in very good nick (maple boards can get a little messy). I know i'm going to annoy some of the 'tone is all in the metal bits' folks here, but it always felt very resonant also. 

Greg, if ever a bitsa had your name on it........... :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pajhartley said:

Hey, John - where are the dot markers on this, if you don't mind me asking? On the "fret" or between the frets where they would be on a fretted?

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete 

The dots are on the fret position my friend, on the fret positions. As the good Lord intended. 😂

cheers

John 

40 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Hope all's OK John?

Re the neck folks, like about 50% of the maple board fretless neck in existence it would seem, this neck used to reside chez Beedster! It's a 70's profile, very nice to play, stable and in very good nick (maple boards can get a little messy). I know i'm going to annoy some of the 'tone is all in the metal bits' folks here, but it always felt very resonant also. 

Hi Chris, things could be better mate, but we’re getting there.

I don’t want to pass this on, I’ve been after a Sting a like maple P for a while, but circumstances have taken a turn and 2 basses and my Ashdown have got to go.

1 hour ago, oldslapper said:

Hi Chris, things could be better mate, but we’re getting there.

I don’t want to pass this on, I’ve been after a Sting a like maple P for a while, but circumstances have taken a turn and 2 basses and my Ashdown have got to go.

Sorry to hear that John, hope things improve mate 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beedster said:

Hope all's OK John?

Spot on Chris, and I reckon if there was a bass to tempt you back to the dark side it’d be this one!  Actually this is the image of the first ever bitsa I built, circa 1982, at least as far as neck and body go.   Then I ruined it by putting a DiMarzio Model One in the bridge position, to try to make it sound like a Wal (it didn’t 🙁)

Unfortunately I’ve already got 3 lovely fretlesses that aren’t getting played. 

Still, I wish someone would buy this quick before I do - just a short spin down the M4 from me too.....🤔

• Like 1

• oldslapper changed the title to *SOLD* Unlined maple Fretless P £250 Ono