Why become a member? ×

Eurovision 2022

Doctor J

I really hope that this year I can watch it all the way through. I try every year but just get disheartened by the Europop so given your thoughts @Doctor J maybe this will be the year for me. 

Edit - I’ve just seen Anna’s for the final and it didn’t look half bad.

Edited by Lozz196

Oh dear.... I'll be honest, I'm not a Eurovision fan - it's not recent, goes back to the 1970s... Some people I know are quite obsessed with it and will be having a 'watch party' for it... I didn't make myself popular when I said I didn't like it...

We're all different, so I'm fine if it floats your boat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaosanator said:

Actually this year the UK is one of the top runners. 

Screenshot_20220511-073557_Chrome.jpg

Reasonably safe bet I would imagine, given how political the voting has always been. The reason the Eurovision is such a joke is because it has absolutely nothing to do with talent. Kind of like a continent wide X Factor. 

8 hours ago, Rich said:

My son knows someone whose sole (and entirely serious) reason for voting leave was "because they all keep ganging up on us in the Eurovision Song Contest".

Sadly, it's not that unusual... 

2 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

They're jealous because we have Laurence Fox.

They're jealous because we have proper pop music. They're jealous because we're cool. They're jealous because we know how to make a proper cup of tea.

9 hours ago, Rich said:

My son knows someone whose sole (and entirely serious) reason for voting leave was "because they all keep ganging up on us in the Eurovision Song Contest".

Ironically enough, that has turned out to be as substantive a reason to vote for Brexit as any of the supposedly more serious reasons put forward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Reasonably safe bet I would imagine, given how political the voting has always been. The reason the Eurovision is such a joke is because it has absolutely nothing to do with talent. Kind of like a continent wide X Factor. 

And for this reason, we will inevitably come dead last again. It stopped being even remotely about the song years ago. Wiggy was right when he pulled the plug.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zbd1960 said:

Oh dear.... I'll be honest, I'm not a Eurovision fan - it's not recent, goes back to the 1970s... Some people I know are quite obsessed with it and will be having a 'watch party' for it... I didn't make myself popular when I said I didn't like it...

We're all different, so I'm fine if it floats your boat. 

I am not either, however I was forced to watch the final as I was visiting a friend whose GF at the time insisted on watching the final...

It was 2006 and I loved it when the Finnish goth-monster-rock band won with Hard Rock Hallelujah, so much so I was dying with laughter...

Needless to say, his GF was not so happy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

I thought we’d left Europe! What else was Brexit for?

If only life were that simple. Israel and Australia are eligible. Presumably Europe is a state of mind rather than a geographical location or political affiliation.